Hearing degradation

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
CnoEvil said:
This Golden Eared Audiophile can hear an elderly flea fart, just before it jumps....but only when it isn't being drowned out by the Sonar emitted from the Bats in my attic. *crazy*

To me the nuisance is the ruddy flies. Perhaps RA will bring out an anti-fly noise suppressant soon...... :)

andyjm said:
Sliced Bread said:
I recently discovered when running some frequency sweeps that my hearing rolls off WAY WAY below the usual 20khz. I’m 41.

No one on this forum can hear 20kHz unless they learned to type before they were 5 years old.

Although most here think they have golden ears, the truth is that in a modern environment they will be lucky to hear 15kHz in their 20s, and from there it is all downhill.

True.

Yours Al ears aged 12........ ;-)

But only in my left ear.....

Sliced Bread said:
MajorFubar said:
Al ears said:
You try finding a GP these days that will actually do that.....

triage nurse does it at my doctors, but they usually put you on a course of drops first to soften the wax build up

They are slowly replacing syringing with micro-suction. Does the same job but is a little safer.

I will have to enquire about this.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Al ears said:
CnoEvil said:
This Golden Eared Audiophile can hear an elderly flea fart, just before it jumps....but only when it isn't being drowned out by the Sonar emitted from the Bats in my attic. *crazy*

To me the nuisance is the ruddy flies. Perhaps RA will bring out an anti-fly noise suppressant soon...... :)

Hang some sticky Acoustic Panels up. *preved*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts