Headphones ?

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
I (after a good long while) saved up what I think is enough money to be buying a half decent set of headphones and have been looking at these : beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80 Ohm

My main listening will be PC gaming and PC music via JRiver Media Center and CD's via a player, my question is this, CAN I do better for around the £120.00 - £130.00 amount ?

Thanks for any and all help on this matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gracebarry000

Gray

Although you could get cheaper closed-backs Alan, I reckon those would be a wise choice.
They will certainly be comfortable and durable - even though the cable is non-detachable, it's not the inferior type that's easily broken (no coincidence that they're popular in radio and music studios).

I would advise buying from a UK supplier, just in case the sound is not to your liking - to ensure that you incur no charge for returning.

Check for deals too, as you might be able to knock a bit off the price.
Good value even at full price though and should last forever.
Enjoy them (y)

Gray

Remember that if you pay via PayPal, return postage can be claimed from PayPal.
Can it? I didn't know that.
I returned headphones to (Germany-based) Thomann. Although they went to a returns centre in Norfolk, I had 10% deducted from the refund. They advised that they can no longer offer free returns for UK customers.
This would be customs rather than postage. I paid by CC, but I doubt PayPal would refund customs charges.

These customs (non)agreements are all part of the unnecessary, but inevitable, punishment that the EU was always going to inflict on the UK - for having the shear audacity to leave the club.
Things could have easily been amicably agreed, but it was essential that the UK suffered (and was seen to suffer).
"You chose to leave" is their reasoning....yet there are those that would have us rejoin a club with that sort of attitude🤨

Can it? I didn't know that.
I returned headphones to (Germany-based) Thomann. Although they went to a returns centre in Norfolk, I had 10% deducted from the refund. They advised that they can no longer offer free returns for UK customers.
This would be customs rather than postage. I paid by CC, but I doubt PayPal would refund customs charges.

These customs (non)agreements are all part of the unnecessary, but inevitable, punishment that the EU was always going to inflict on the UK - for having the shear audacity to leave the club.
Things could have easily been amicably agreed, but it was essential that the UK suffered (and was seen to suffer).
"You chose to leave" is their reasoning....yet there are those that would have us rejoin a club with that sort of attitude🤨
Return shipping only. Not customs. You shouldn't be charged customs for returning an item.

Reactions: Gray

Gray

You shouldn't be charged customs for returning an item.
I'm sure you're right. Thanks for that.

To be fair to Thomann, at the moment, to protect their sales to the UK, they swallow the customs charge on supply - they can't be expected to lose that money by giving full refunds to UK customers.

However, the best current advice would be to buy from UK suppliers where you can.
(I'm sure plenty of people make a point of doing that anyway).

I'm sure you're right. Thanks for that.

To be fair to Thomann, at the moment, to protect their sales to the UK, they swallow the customs charge on supply - they can't be expected to lose that money by giving full refunds to UK customers.

However, the best current advice would be to buy from UK suppliers where you can.
(I'm sure plenty of people make a point of doing that anyway).
Surely they should be able to reclaim the custom charge? Or you should? As per the post above, it is possible. 👍🏽

Reactions: Gray

masieo

Oct 22, 2021
Visit site
SoundMAGIC ES18
Audio-Technica
Skullcandy Ink'd

These are the highly recommended headphones specially in your budget. Sounds quality is too good. I sure you to after buying this you won't any regret.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
ARGH !
I need to add to the 3m length of the cable that comes with these, Is it okay to buy cheap or is /are there some say 3m extension that is better ?
(length from the TV and the AMP to where it is that I sit)

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
My number two son has me watching the extended versions of the Lord of The Rings trilogy and the third is tonight.
Oh man , the sound quality/spacial sound and clarity is something else imo, Great headphones !!!
Thanks for the help guys. :love:(y)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts