headphones for project genie

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
Anyone know how i can connect a pair of headphones to my project genie III TT. Ive read that by using headphones you can really test whether the TT has been setup correctly.

KT66

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
just plug your headphones directly into your cartridge - you may have to tilt your head a bit as the record goes around and around.

seriously

the best way to tell if your tt is set up correctly is with a Mono LP, do both speakers sound the same?

if one is more distorted than the other then adj your bias/anti skate.

have you set the VTA? VTF?

are you plugging into a phono stage or integrated amp? if your amp has tape outs then run that to a headphone amp.

if you are using a phono stage then plug directly from there to headphone amp

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi thanks for that.

I setup the VTA/VTF according to the instructions for the TT.

you mentioned plugging into the cartrige, how do u do that. Also im using a fatman itube 252 , and a cambride azur 640p preamp i dont see how i can connect headphones to it?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
skularatna:you mentioned plugging into the cartrige, how do u do that.

I think the poster was joking.

skularatna:Also im using a fatman itube 252 , and a cambride azur
640p preamp i dont see how i can connect headphones to it?

You'd need to add a headphone amp to your system, but given that the Cambridge phono stage has only one set of outputs, and the Fatman has no line outs, you'd need to connect it to the phono stage.

To have it in place permanently, you'd need to find a headphone amp with both line inputs and outputs, and connect this between the phono stage and the Fatman.

Something like the Musical Fidelity V-Can would be suitable on a budget, even though our test team wasn't too convinced; the Graham Slee Novo reviewed much better, and would also suit, but it is more than twice the price of the MF.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
How about the Musical Fidelity V-Can or the Graham Slee Novo.

emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts