Headphones connected to amps. no one?

mindmenglish

May 29, 2013
Visit site
mostly whathifi suggest headphone amp or dac and using laptop as source.

but i hardly see headphones plugin to amps or cd player. is this less popular choice? is this because amps metal body produces some lite electric shocks?( i know my denon amp does! ) or because its danger listening to them while rain and thunder outside?

i never tried headphones on amps yet and wanna advice on this. if its fine then which to connect, amp or cd player?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
mindmenglish said:
mostly whathifi suggest headphone amp or dac and using laptop as source.

but i hardly see headphones plugin to amps or cd player. is this less popular choice? is this because amps metal body produces some lite electric shocks?( i know my denon amp does! ) or because its danger listening to them while rain and thunder outside?

i never tried headphones on amps yet and wanna advice on this. if its fine then which to connect, amp or cd player?

Problem with CDPs is they don't have good power to drive headphones properly. Amplifier headphone sockets usually are directly connected to the speaker output through some resistors. If the speakers cut out when you plug in headphones, this is what they used. It isn't optimal, but at least it has power.

Dedicated headphone amp is best and there is no excuse not to get one when you consider how cheap they are these days.

Do you use a UK or Euro Schuko plug?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts