Headphones and BBC article

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anyone read the article on BBC website yesterday talking about the value for money aspects of headphones. Mainly about iPod and similar users replacing the supplied ones with better quality ones. Why on earth anyone would spend hundreds of pounds on phones to reproduce lossy 256kbps files is beyond me!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
nick8858 said:
Anyone read the article on BBC website yesterday talking about the value for money aspects of headphones. Mainly about iPod and similar users replacing the supplied ones with better quality ones. Why on earth anyone would spend hundreds of pounds on phones to reproduce lossy 256kbps files is beyond me!

You don't have to spend "hundreds of pounds" to get better ones. We've tested some great models from £35 in the latest issue of the mag, which make a worthwhile upgrade from the supplied ones.

A

Anonymous

I believe you are paying £400 extra for the Dr Dre ChickMagnet® that are used internally

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
peteAllen said:
I believe you are paying £400 extra for the Dr Dre ChickMagnet® that are used internally

:grin:

But seriously .... we just heard industry figures that say we're on the way to 9 million pairs of headphones sold in UK this year.

And going back to the OP, just because you're listening on an iThing, doesn't mean you're listening at 256kbps - many people rip at higher bit-rates and rarely go near iTunes downloads.

A

Anonymous

If only Norah Jones would sponsor the Audeze LCD-2... (she has a pair apparently)

1269dd8b_NorahLCD2.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts