Headphones advice...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am kitting myself out with an Onkyo Tx SR875 amp to play movies and PS3. For later in the evening I will need to throw on some headphones. I will not listen to much music on it - just gaming/dvds.

Are there any headphones out there that give you a good gaming experience (some do pseudo surround?). Wireless ideally as I will be sitting 10-12 feet away from amp. Any help appreciated.

Paul

PS can I connect two headphones to the same bit of kit???

A

Anonymous

I'd be very curious in any responses to this.

I'm in exactly the same boat .............. even down to the choice of receiver (which I picked up last week.....HUGE GRIN ON MY FACE!!!!)

Thought I'd have a quick game of Call of Duty 4 on Friday night after the missus went to bed...................... but didn't turn the volume down enough..................OH MY GOD!!!!! The quality and volume through my 3005's was incredible!

My better half however, was less than impressed. Thought she'd woken up in the middle of a war zone!!!! Ooops!

Looks like I'll be investing in headphones too mate!

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew. I have scanned my copies of Whathifi's backpages to see their ratings but it looks like neither have officially been reviewed. The disadvantage of living in Jersey is it is not easy to get demos of equipment as there is limited chocie in store before purchase. Do you have a feel for which one is better?

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well have tried the Sony headphones and they are hilarious fun. But then Sennheisers tend to sound very good indeed, although I'm not a big fan of SRS synthesised surround.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew. I will see if I can track down some sets to test and will let you know how I get on.

Paul

A

Anonymous

I've found that wireless headphones aren't anywhere near the quality of similarly priced wired models. If you can live with the wires you will hear a massive improvement in audio quality.

The Sennheiser RS140 wireless headphones are about as good as it gets for wireless models, but if you compare them with a pair of Senneheiser HD595 hifi headphones the difference in quality is astonishing! They are both about the same price.

A

Anonymous

Absolutely agree with you. I would prefer wired for the sound, but the decent headphones seem to have cables around 2m mark and I will be sitting 12-13 feet away from TV/amp. Someone warned me against adding an extension lead as this seriously reduces quality and wireless would be better. If this is not the case or there are decent headphones with long cable please let me know. My budget is about £200ish.

Thanks

Paul

A

Anonymous

You could have a look at the Grado range. Grado also do a 5 metre extension cable (sounds like overkill, but can actually be rather convenient) which has no appreciable effect on sound IMO.
EDIT: They're not pseudo-surround though - just standard stereo.

A

Anonymous

Good advise I have done this and there is no drop in sound quality, may I also suggest that instead of the Grado's he could buy a pair of Alessandro's MS2's, what ever this company does to the Grado's is amazing, as I have a set of grado 60's and a set of Alessandro ms1's hearing is believing, I wish the team would get a pair of Alessandro's and test them.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your replies. I am probably going to jump straight into the Grado with 5m extension. Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts