Headphone for Aune X1 DAC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh very interesting Dale! I guess you'll be posting a full review of the COP soon then? I look forward to that and I hope to test some Beyer stuff soon as I just started a dialoge with the UK distributor.

A

Anonymous

quadpatch said:
Hey did you get the WeSC Chambers yet? You 'pinched' the buy button a couple of days ago now right? :p

Out of curiosity are you prepared to use EQ with them, or are you interested in the fact that they're quite warm/bassy?

Estimated delivery date is 6 August
smiley-frown.gif
. I would use EQ if required, but will wait and see. I do like warm, bassy - or did until I got the superbly detailed and more trebly Goldring DR150. Was there any 'burn in' time with yours, if you believe such a thing is required? The PC is back tomorrow, cost £100 including labour for a new power supply, which was the problem apparently with my new power hungry GTX 770 graphics card.

Thanks.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
quadpatch said:
Oh very interesting Dale! I guess you'll be posting a full review of the COP soon then? I look forward to that and I hope to test some Beyer stuff soon as I just started a dialoge with the UK distributor.

I'll post the youtube and written reviews tonight. Unfortunately I'm not able to test everything, especially the extra combinations of sound afforded by the 4 bass port switch settings, but I think it's well covered anyway for all practical purposes. The no.2 bass setting is slightly shy in the upper bass and the no.3 setting is too strong, but I think very few people will complain that they don't get the perfect choice.

A

Anonymous

quadpatch said:
Hey did you get the WeSC Chambers yet?

They're on my head as I write. Nicely balanced sound, warm and bassy! I'm kind of preferring the ANC (on this laptop, at least, until I get to the newly repaired PC and Aune X1 tonight). Do I have to keep switching the ANC off after use to stop running down the batteries? How long do the batteries last please?

Thank you.

Bit fiddly with the twist ANC control.....

Edit: I think without ANC is fine. I suppose if the ambient noise increases just pop on the ANC...

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Oh great you got em, it sounds like you are quite pleased with them and I am still too. I leant them to a girl in the office who has some SkullCandy's and now I can't get them back off her again :p. I had to look up the battery life online (couldn't be bothered to look through the booklet and the website doesn't say) and apparently they're rated between 30-35 hours. Mine are still going strong at the moment so that could be about right. I have tried turning them off when I'm not using them because otherwise it will drain the power, but I did forget one day... oops! I will get some rechargables for them, but it doesn't seem too bad.

As for the sound quality with ANC on and off, I read one review that said the bass gets louder with the ANC on and that is true (I think), but the change to the upper midrange getting more presense was more noticeable to me and that is more desireable for me. It took me longer to get it right but a different (more harsh) EQ adjustment did end up being just as nice with these headphones while the ANC is off, but it was much easier to get right with the ANC on.

Have your thoughts changed at all over the last couple of days btw?

A

Anonymous

Love them quad. Direct comparison with the Goldring's show them for their thin sound, whilst the AKG K451s sound dull. Top bargain thank you, and thanks for the advice and battery information.
smiley-cool.gif

No EQ at all here, and tried a variety of sources. Through the PC and Aune X1 they are definitely best.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts