Headphone Amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have just purchased a pair of grado 325i headphones (awaiting delivery),

my question is i am useing a denon bd3800 as my cd player and a onkyo 905nr amp,

will i need a headphone amp for quaility/volume or will the headphone out jack on the amp give me the quaility and volume control these headphones deserve ?

idc

Hi firewire. Without even looking at the specifications of the Onkyo. or having heard one, a decent set of cans such as the SR325is deserve a good headphone amp. But, how much of your listening will be through the headphones and what is your budget for a headphone amp?

A

Anonymous

Hi idc, thanks for help,

having looked at the various ones reviewed by whf, i was thinking of about £150-200, but dont know if this is a sutable budget for the grados, i could go higher but would have to wait a month or two, and save my pennies.

A

Anonymous

Sorry didnt reply in full there i wil use them faily frequently as most of my tv/music is listening at night.

also plan to use them for bluray film as well as music

idc

That budget would get you Musical Fidelity amps off ebay. The X-Cans/V2/V3 will drive your Grados with ease and provide a great sound with strong dynamics, detail and soundstage. Save some more and you could get the V8 or V8P.

Since headphones are so portable are you in a position to go to a dealer and try out any amps they may have?

EDIT - since you say you will be a regular user I would say a dedicated amp would be a worthwhile investment.

A

Anonymous

Hi pjo, and thanks for taking the time to help,

dont think i would try and build one myself, as i think i would go wrong somewhere, although if it were more plug and play i would consider it, im not that good with a clothes iron, never mind a soldering iron!

A

Anonymous

Hi idc, thanks for that, il do some looking on ebay and see what i can find,

Any other sugestions will be gratfully recieved .

TRENDING THREADS