Headphone amp suggestions for Grados

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I’m looking to buy a decent headphone amp. I live in Spain and have a pair of Grado 325i phones (strangely, headphones seem to be relatively cheaper here in Spain, especially Grados). The Graham Slee Novo would appear to be reasonably priced (provided you don’t go for the optional power supply, which almost doubles the price) and I can buy it in the UK, while I can get the basic battery-driven Grado RA-1 amp for about ₤320 here. Any comments on these or other makes? Thanks in anticipation.

John Duncan

Only experience I have is with the Fubar IV which has a DAC built in:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/headphones-etc/fubar-iv-and-grado-325is-first-impressions

So may not be quite what you're looking for, depending on your source. Might be worth looking at their other products though, since they offer quite good value - google 'firestone audio'.

A

Anonymous

I thought about both the RA-1 and the Slee amps back when I had a grado gs1000 but ended up getting the Earmax pro - I highly recommend this combination - valves with clean sound, and very good bass (also one of the prettiest, smallest headphone amps ever)

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
have run my grados with graham slee solo, firestone audio fubar iv and little dot mkIII - i really love the little dot somthing about the warm glow of the tubes and the sounds is very detailed

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Very happy with my Little Dot Mk111, with Mullard driver tubes, driving my SR80's and my Alessandro MS1's, but they're not best, perhaps, if you want lots of bass. But they will give you a very balanced sound. Little Dot recommend the LD 1+ for Grados.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts