HDMI OR ANALOGUE

BlueGeoff

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
ok. i need an answer. i have a very good av amp. BUT no hdmi inputs.

am looking to buy blu ray player and am now stuck. the panasonics bd 35 and 55. according to mag they are both superb. mind made up. so onto the Q. the 55 has analogue outputs, my amp has the inputs, will i still get the hd sound???????

Also if i brought the 35 and connected via ir connection do i get hd sound???????

HELP ME OUT.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If the Blu-Ray has multi-channel outputs, and if your amp has multi-channel inputs, you WILL get HD sound.

Just check that the player you're looking to get can decode all the formats on board.

If the Panny 35 doesn't have multi channel outs, the best you'll get is regular DD/DTS via optical/co-ax.

BlueGeoff

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
thanks Chris. so i think the panasonic 55 has onboard decoder for all formats (hense the additional price tag), so would optical out also give me HD sound??

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
No. You won't get HD sound via optical or co-ax digital.

You'll need 3 pairs of analogue interconnects to connect from the BD to your amp's inputs.

Only issue you might have, is that the BD player may well have 8 outputs (For 'full on' 7.1 sound), but your amp will probably only have 6 inputs (for regular 5.1). This isn't as much of a disaster as you'd think as I've only come across 2 BDs with 7.1 soundtracks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts