HDMI leads...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

Yes, but I can't understand why the subject is so sensitive and emotive. If you think they work, or experience benefits when you try, buy; if you don't, don't.

Simple as...

Words Of Wisdom Folks!!!
emotion-12.gif

idc

Andrew Everard:

Yes, but I can't understand why the subject is so sensitive and emotive. If you think they work, or experience benefits when you try, buy; if you don't, don't.

Simple as...

I think it because;

- one cable being better than another should not really be the case, it is after all an electric signal passing down a wire and unless the wire is faulty, why should it make a difference? Science vs belief.

- some people report a difference, but others do not, so straight away that creates the environment for debate.

- it is difficult to prove, in the same way the existence of ghosts is difficult to prove.

- it is a genuinely interesting topic, though I can imagine for the likes of yourself Andrew that level of interest has declined somewhat!

For the record, I think that some cables can make some difference some of the time in some systems. I hope that I made my stance on the matter absolutely clear and unequivocal!

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

Simple as...

Cmon Andrew. Even the OP made it quite clear WHY its such an issue on THIS particular forum

A

Anonymous

Were the G20 20 not debating this very topic yesterday, and decided that the best cable was the QED at a cost of a Trillion dollars?

idc

AC Milan:Were the G20 20 not debating this very topic yesterday, and decided that the best cable was the QED at a cost of a Trillion dollars?

More than that, Obamas have converted their Majesties to an ipod only set up...............................

...............music will heal all divides, but only if you use the right cable.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
idc:Andrew Everard:

Simple as...

- it is difficult to prove, in the same way the existence of ghosts is difficult to prove.

Ahem
emotion-18.gif

idc

al7478:idc:Andrew Everard:

Simple as...

Ahem
emotion-18.gif

Don't 'Ahem
emotion-18.gif
' me without at least one reference to Wikipedia or other scientific journal to prove your point
emotion-19.gif

A

Anonymous

Big Aura:
In other forums they have a "Before posting a query about [X], see this FAQ section".ÿ Andrew please, for the love of all things electronic, see if the techies can install something.

Everytime I see HDMI in a thread title, my heart sinks.

I much prefer the 'ask at your own risk' approach.of a peer discussion.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
So as I understand it ~ the best approach to all this is just close your eyes and ignore everything
emotion-2.gif

hmmmm........, I cant see it just going away THAT easily
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Messiah:Lets hope Wireless HDMI makes the mainstream soon then we can put this 'debate' to bed!!

...And start a whole new one? Wi-HDMI vs HDMI-Fi anyone?ÿ

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Ah, the Obamae have already gone wi-fi, but there's a new variable - that's why he carries around cylinders of special air everywhere he travels (fact)

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Ah, the Obamae have already gone wi-fi, but there's a new variable - that's why he carries around cylinders of special air everywhere he travels (fact)

Eh?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Among the stuff brought with them for the London visit: their own fuel for the armoured car, their own food, their own water; and their own air supply. Oh and oxygen tanks, blood...

idc

Andrew Everard:Ah, the Obamae have already gone wi-fi, but there's a new variable - that's why he carries around cylinders of special air everywhere he travels (fact)

To protect him against cheese eating surrender monkeys..............................

idc

Andrew Everard:Among the stuff brought with them for the London visit: their own fuel for the armoured car, their own food, their own water; and their own air supply. Oh and oxygen tanks, blood...

.........their own HDMI leads.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Whereas the last one claimed to have WMD leads, and sent in the military to follow them up.

And I think they are still looking for them.

idc

This has been an excellent thread on the merits of different HDMI cables. Meanwhile, at the trial of Tarquinh the Disbeliever....the main witness collapses at news of the failure of the Russ Andrews HDMI cable to get 5 stars...........

A

Anonymous

i dont think there are any differences with hdmi cables at equal lenths be it 1metre or 10 metre as long as there same size hdmi cables
i just wonder how many anti hdmi people who have mouthed on the forum have done the hdmi comp on the home page
and wishing to win the chord hdmi cable, myself included you never know it might be better eh..
right guys own up whos entered the competition.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
dvdaudio:i just wonder how many anti hdmi people who have mouthed on the forum have done the hdmi comp on the home page
and wishing to win the chord hdmi cable, myself included you never know it might be better eh..
right guys own up whos entered the competition.

Would that be hypocrisy? Or just like sticking it to the man (who provides you a forum)?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts