HDMI Lead to connect Samsung DVD HD870 and Samsung PS42Q97HDX

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Have you finally got around to making your mind up on your TV Tallyho? I hope so as then you can start enjoying it. I would go for the QED HDMI-P, this is the cable I use and its great VFM at £50 RRP but online for under £40. You will also benifit from this combination of Samsung equipment as you will be able to control both units with 1 remote control.
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

Krime: Yes I have already ordered the above combination of TV and DVD Player from Comet and they both arrive this Saturday with my Omnimount Fixed Wall Bracket..Finally did it! Hoepfully the DVD Player will be able to breathe new life into my old collection of DVD as I have no intention for the foreseaable future of going sown the route of SKYHD or Blu Ray/HDD

A

Anonymous

One review suggests setting the DVD player to 576p instead 1081i as the results in picture quality and performance are neglible between these two settings.

Irrespective of which setting I actually choose, will the TV automatically adjust to scale the picture or will I have to do set something in the TV?

A

Anonymous

OK I have seen the QED HDMI-P to un between my Samsung DVD-HD870 and the the TV- I will need a 3Mtr run though.

Can you/anyone also recommend me:

1) a 3mtr RGB Scart Cable to link my normal SD SKYBOX with the RGB input in the back of the TV

2) A phono to Phone interconnect to link the DVD player to my Stereo Analogue Super XX Exposure Integrated Amp.

3) An interconnect to link my CD Player to my Amp too, as my old Interconnect has now had it!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Tallyho"]
One review suggests setting the DVD player to 576p instead 1081i as the results in picture quality and performance are neglible between these two settings.

Irrespective of which setting I actually choose, will the TV automatically adjust to scale the picture or will I have to do set something in the TV?

[/quote]

I have found that on my 50"" the best setting on my Denon 3930 is 720p as this is the setting closest to the screens native resoultion leaving less work for the screens internal scaler to do, if you set it to 1080i then the screen has to down scale the image to fit thus entering another process into the equation which may result in a worse picture. Now you may find that by setting the player to 576p that the screens scaler does a better job than the of the one in the dvd player, mess around with the settings and stick with the one that you are most happy with.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Messrs DJ: Harris:

When playing a DVD and selecting the HDMI output to say 1080i via my DVD Remote, is that all I need to do> Or do I have to select the resolution on the TV too, or does the TV scale automatically to fit the HDMI e selected by me via the DVD remote?

I guess also that when I put on my SKY TV the TV just accepts the signal and scales that too, to fit the the TV screen. I know these may be daft questions but I am assuming that I don't need to mess around with the TV?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts