HDMI for SOUNDS and COMPONENT for VIDEO - Possible?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good evening to all!

I just want to know if this connection will work. We all know that HDMI cables can transmit both audio and video. Has anyone tried hooking up a bluray player into a receiver using a HDMI CABLE for the 7.1 AUDIO while connecting the same bluray player into the LCD using a COMPOSITE connection for the 1080i VIDEO. Will there be an output of video in the LCD even if the bluray is hook up in the receiver via HDMI?

Thanks for the answer!
emotion-2.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Composite or Component?

Either way, why exactly would you want to? If you use HDMI for the video you'll get 1080p, which is better than 1080i.

It probably would work, although it may depend on the flexibility of the blu-ray player's settings.

A

Anonymous

Just experimenting since my new LCD is not FullHD 1080p. I just borrowed my 2 HDMI cable from a friend to try it since HDMI cable are expensive here in our place.

If it's possible, I'll be just buying 1 HDMI cable and 1 component video which will cost me less versus buying 2 HDMI cables.

Thanks for your reply...š

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
I have a blu ray player connected by HDMI to my receiver for HD sound,the player is connected to the TV by component & works without any issues.

My TV is a 36" CRT but if it works for me,i don't see why it shouldnt work on LCD or Plasma.It isn't 1080i of course,but the options are there to select if the TV was capable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts