audioidiot1

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
hi all.

small problem, father in law just bought a sony 360 bp and runs it through his sony strks1100 amp but does not get any sound without using a optical cable. why is this?

cheers

John Duncan

P19 of manual says "this receiver may not be able to transfer video or audio signals with certain types of components". Which isn't terribly helpful. You might need to connect via optical as well. Still digging...

audioidiot1

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
thanks for that but if the amp has hdmi input and obviously output then surely it should produce with just the hdmi cable or am i just bein thick. please explain

thanks

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Not necessarily, lower-spec amps might pass the video and audio through the HDMI without ever decoding the audio that's in the signal, if they don't support the HD audio codecs.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
The manual doesn't give any indication that it can even decode ANY audio via the HDMI input, page 18, connecting a blu-ray player, states that a coaxial digital connection is required, which seems to suggest that you won't be getting any HD audio unfortunately.

audioidiot1

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
thanks for reply i am starting to understand.

i must say that if this amp don,t support the hd audio codecs why was it sold as an hd amp?.it seems pretty poor that the telly will produce the pic and sound and the amp won,t.

cheers

audioidiot1

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
thanks andrew. with that in mind would it be a good move to purchase a better optical cable or use the cheapy i had upstairs in cupboard.

thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts