HDD recorders

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Looking to upgrade the old Aiwa VHS recorder (FX2500) which is on it's last legs after giving me years of very reliable service. Checking up on DVD/HDD recorders with the HDD bit being more important. I don't tend to keep the stuff I record so the hard drive facility appeals to me more. I had kind-of decided on the Samsung DVD-HR 735 as being a good compromise for the money; I don't record too much stuff so hard to justify >£250. However, this model seems hard to come by over here in NI but I can get the 835 for £250. How does this compare to the 735? Is is just a case of a digital tuner which would be of no use to me as I live in a non-Freeview area (yes, there still is such a place)? That's why the Panasonic DMR-EX77 you rated so highly is a non-contender.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="edashby"]I live in a non-Freeview area (yes, there still is such a place)? That's why the Panasonic DMR-EX77 you rated so highly is a non-contender.[/quote]

Freeview or no Freeview, the Panasonic ex77 is still worth your consideration. When have you been promised Digital TV?. They better get a move on as they switch off your analogue signal in 2011 !

A

Anonymous

But if the Panny only has a digital receiver how do I get it to tune into and record an analogue signal?

A

Anonymous

Sorry! The Panny has no analogue tuner. The Samsung DVD-SH855M [ www.trustedreviews.com ]seems to offer you plenty for you now, and even more for when you go digital (the bigger hard drive may be needed for all those extra channels!). Amazon have it priced at £208 but you probably can get a better deal locally.

A

Anonymous

I'll keep an eye out for that one, but only seen the DVD-HR835 so far and at the not very competitive price of £250; but I haven't been round the independent dealers yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts