HD with no subscription please.

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way of watching Terestial TV in HD , maybe A hd digibox ? i have been with sky for years but fed up with paying £100 a month after watching a film or 2 .

I am not saying Sky is not value for money, as i love the footy ect, just fed up paying so much every month !!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
The free to air channels (BBC1,2HD, ITV1,2HD, C4HD C5HD) are all available without subscription but you're clearly not going to get any channel that you have to pay Sky for without a subscription. You can stop paying Sky and still use your SkyHD box, although it'll no longer give you the Sky+ features.

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone for replying, think i will find it hard to get by without the footy , i have already cancelled the movies.

Really interesting that i can still watch the HD terestial channels with my Sky HD box without subscription! That could be an option, will look at youview as well.

Cheers.

daveh75

Its worth giving Sky a ring and telling them your thinking of cancelling and see what they offer you.

FWIW i NEVER pay Sky the going rate as it's such poor VFM, i phone up for a retention deal and then cancel my subscription if the offer isn't acceptable.

You need to be prepared to wait it out until they start making their increasingly desperate offers to get you to re-subscribe if you go that route though.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I did this tonight - got a call from Virgin offering me XXL broadband (100MB), XXL phone (free calls basically to 0845 etc) and XL tv package with Sky Sports + Movies, all for £64.49 for 12 months....I strangely enough as an extra sweetener, he was able to tell me that I still had a £15 credit from 10 years ago as an NTL customer which he would aply to my 1st months bill!

Phoned Sky to tell them my good news and they offered me a 'no contract' 4 months tv package (currently I pay £90 a month for my packages inc a multi room £49.75 + phone/bb for £19.50 for the 1st 6 months, £27 for the remaining 6. Sky guy said 'no contract' means i can walk away from tv package after 4 months or renegotiate. I also pay £35 a month for bb and phone currently with TalkTalk = £125 a month for tv,bb and phone.

So £64.49 all in with Virgin for 12 months rising to £114 for the remainder of 6 month contract or £69.25 for 4 months with Sky to be renegotiated.

Wat would you do??? still wondering which is the better offer...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts