HD Reciever Confusion - PS3 with Denon 4308

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys, Im a Home Cinema NEWB!! (laugh now)

I have the Denon 4308 and its hooked up to my PS3. When i watch blu-rays and press the select button on the PS3 it informs me that its outputting a Dolby True HD Signal at 48Khz and the rough Mbps of the Sound is 1-2.8Mbps.The Denon AV Reciever is set to "Standard" - which means its signal is controlled by the decoded input signal.

However when I look at the settings I can see that the PS3 can output sound as a Linear PCM at up to 192 Khz and not just 48Khz as is presently shown. Can someone explain why the sound isnt being outputted at the maximum capacity. Again its all a bit confusing for me and I have no idea what the Khz even means :)

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Yikes, that's some amp for a "NEWB" ! ! ! ! !
emotion-5.gif
Rest assured 48khz is what most soundtracks are. It refers to the frequency (khz) at which the analog input signal is sampled at. In other words, it doesn't really concern us mere mortals! Don't worry about it and enjoy the sound!!

As long as your PS3 is setup as follows, you're getting the best audio available:

Select Sound Settings

Select HDMI

Select Auto

Ensure that all Dolby Digital, DTS and all PCM are checked

Save the settings (X)

Go to the BD/DVD settings

Select PCM as the audio output format

Save Settings (X)

A

Anonymous

d4v3pum4 - thanks, glad thats cleared up. Its actually a very good AV amplifier, especially as I only paid 1100 :). Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts