Denon X4100 first impressions

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I've been deliberating for a while which av reciever I should upgrade to from my Denon 2113. I've finally plumped for the x4100 because of the price and also its ability to supply Dolby atmos in a 5.1.2 format. I may go to the 5.1.4 with an extra power amp in the future. I've not purchased any atmos speakers yet as I'm waiting for more options and reviews to come out, but I would prefer focal if they release any and would go with my existing focal setup.

ive recieved my x4100 this morning from Peter tyson. I set the receiver using the Audessy and mic and it took around 30 mins or so to go through the setup and tests. Very quick and easy process, any body could understand this. ive also connected the donon link to my 3313 BLuray player.

first impressions are amazing and the difference between my 2113 is night and day. It has breathed fresh life into my focal 716 speakers and sub. It sounds absolutely amazing. I've had pioneer Lx70 reciever before ad more recently the the Denon 2113 and the x4100 whipes the floor with these receivers.

I've tried a few clips on sky hd movies and then a few minutes of man of steel BLuray and the surround sound is more emersive in my existing 5.1 setup, clearer with tones and it handles the bass more accurately with my focal sub. I Am absolutely blown away with this and I would suggest anybody looking at a new reciever around this price range to give it an audition.

these are my first impressions as of this morning, and I wiil be watching a couple if BDs today, so I will update the thread accordingly.

nirvy111

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I've had both Denon x4100 and Yamaha 3040 in my theatre room running 7.1 with 7 Kef ls50's. I prefered the Denon, I thought the Yamaha sounded overblown and unrealistic. The Yamaha's get the 5 star reviews but they're bloody awful sounding recievers in my opnion. Denon or Marantz is they way to go or maybe Anthem, I haven't tried one of those yet, if Anthem ever do Dolby Atmos I may consider them in the future.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts