admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good morning all,

I was having a browse of some HD music sites earlier and they don't seem to have moved on much in terms of choice (unless you listen to a lot of classical or jazz music).

Is HD music (24/96) likely to take off like HD TV and become a mainstream format or will it remain a niche product?

My guess is that this really depends on whether the major labels support it and they are more interested in shifting mp3s than promoting audio quality.

A

Anonymous

This is so sad. :(

I guess HD audio would start to take off once the market for it gets big enough (lots of networked players and increased internet bandwidth).

I wonder when that'd be.... 5-10 years from now?

For now, we're all left to what Gimell, Linn, and HD Tracks are selling.

koolkeith

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
Last night I heard the new Peter Gabriel album in HD through the Naim DAC & assorted Naimery. Yikes, I've never heard anything so good.. Maybe I'm wrong, but, would making available back catalogue in HD at a premium price not make economic sense ? How much can it cost to get the tapes from the vault and bung them on a web site. I know I'd pay £25 a shot for definitive versions of so many records. Any record company accountants out there ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts