HD/Blu-ray compatible with Sony SA-WSIS10?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I bought a complete surround sound system consisting of the player (non HD) HCD-IS10 with the SA-WSIS10 subwoofer and SS-IS10 golf ball speakers. I want to know if there's an HD and Blu-ray version of the player which will connect with this system as I want to have this flexibility or can I piggy back one to the existing set up. I don't really want to have to buy a complete new system!

Thanks

ziggy47

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi Dean, I have this unit too.

You have two digital inputs available, a coax and optical.

You can use either of these for an additional blu-ray player.

I use one for an Apple TV, to stream my music through.

Regards Richard.......

A

Anonymous

I spoke to a Sony retailer just after I posted this, yes, optical lead ordered! He said I'll not get the HD audio when playing HD/BR but said the speakers are probably maxed out anyway and I'd not even notice the difference! Is thsi right? I can't belive a system which is brilliant sound is now mad to sound like an average set up, it all just moves so fast you can never have the latest!

Thx for you help anyway.

ziggy47

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi, this system is a compromise by default.

What it does, it does well.

But if you are after much better picture and SQ, you will need to spend more and go for seperate player/receiver/speaker package.

But if you are happy with it, enjoy and don't worry about the latest specs etc.

Relax and just enjoy it........R

ziggy47

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi, this system is a compromise by default.

What it does, it does well.

But if you are after much better picture and SQ, you will need to spend more and go for seperate player/receiver/speaker package.

But if you are happy with it, enjoy and don't worry about the latest specs etc.

Relax and just enjoy it........R

TRENDING THREADS