having your ears syringed (cleaned)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Someone on here mentioned they had recently had their ears syringed and had experienced a marked improvement in their hearing and subsequently in the enjoyment of their hi-fi. just wondering if anyone else has had this done and if you could tell me your experience and also where you can get this done.
cheers,
chris

T

the record spot

Get your hearing tested, go to the doctor, or the nurse, they'll stick a "thing" in your ear which pumps a solution around you inner ear canal, any wax in there will promptly get rinsed out. Works a treat.

If you have blocked ear wax, drop some oil in your ear every night for about two weeks ahead of the appointment. Doesn't matter what you use, but probably best to steer clear of Castrol GTX and stick with the castor!

(Dr. Record Spot recommends you have all the above advice checked and confirmed with a medical professional before proceeding, no responsibility is taken for your actions at all, however, on the bright side, if you do ****** it up, at least you'll save a fortune on the next upgrade as you won't need it any more! The surgery is now closed.)

A

Anonymous

When I was younger, I had an ear infection which left half my face (my left side, your right) paralysed to a certain extent due to the inner ear canal blocking the nerves - It also left me temporarally deaf in my left ear. Over the years, many gromits being fitted (and Wallaces too!) and my left ear being essentially "pumped" by a "thing" my hearing in my left ear is FAR superior to that of my right!!! Don't ask me why! My left ear drum has exploded about three times and it's far better?!? Walking miracle me!

Oh, and the other upside? When people say, "do you have an ear for music", I say: "Yes, my left one!" :)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Hughes123:When I was younger, I had an ear infection which left half my face (my left side, your right) paralysed to a certain extent due to the inner ear canal blocking the nerves - It also left me temporarally deaf in my left ear. Over the years, many gromits being fitted (and Wallaces too!) and my left ear being essentially "pumped" by a "thing" my hearing in my left ear is FAR superior to that of my right!!! Don't ask me why! My left ear drum has exploded about three times and it's far better?!? Walking miracle me!

Oh, and the other upside? When people say, "do you have an ear for music", I say: "Yes, my left one!" :)

Is that the reason you use Arcam FMJ?
emotion-2.gif

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I find the orange foam earplugs I have to wear whilst walking through the factory at work are incredibly competant at removing most excess wax...yeuck...

"I'm so hungry I've started eating my ear wax. And we all know how horrible that tastes - right kids?" - Rik Mayall in the Young Ones.

A

Anonymous

I had to go to the doctors once regarding my ear, as I had a peanut stuck inside, he told me to pour in some melted chocolate and it would come out a Treat !!!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Syringing of the ears is not a good idea. Not only is it a slightly risky process but is unnecessary and can seriously damage the villi that exist to move the wax through and out of the canal. Damage those and the wax situation will only get worse, permanently. In fact, don't even use cotton buds!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Kestrel:I had to go to the doctors once regarding my ear, as I had a peanut stuck inside, he told me to pour in some melted chocolate and it would come out a Treat !!!
emotion-2.gif

Showing your age there.

You should explain to the younger folk that 'Treats' were the same as peanut M&Ms, but minus the lairy colours.

:)

A

Anonymous

A few years ago i had a problem of reoccurring wax. Now although it doesnt seem to be as bad i cannot help thinking what it would be like if i had my ears cleaned out now? I remember it was quite amazing the last time I had it done!

But as others have said I wouldnt want to get into the habbit of doing it with any regularity because it does have a risk.

A

Anonymous

drummerman:Forgive me, cheap shot young hughes.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...you're slipping Drummerman! ;)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
fatboyslimfast:I find the orange foam earplugs I have to wear whilst walking through the factory at work are incredibly competant at removing most excess wax...yeuck...

"I'm so hungry I've started eating my ear wax. And we all know how horrible that tastes - right kids?" - Rik Mayall in the Young Ones.

Nothing works wax loose like the infamous Shure earphones 'triple-flange' fittings....

flange_large.jpg

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:
fatboyslimfast:I find the orange foam earplugs I have to wear whilst walking through the factory at work are incredibly competant at removing most excess wax...yeuck...

Nothing works wax loose like the infamous Shure earphones 'triple-flange' fittings....

flange_large.jpg

I use a pair of noise reduction era plugs while drumming that look just like those - and they do indeed clean out the old lugholes

A

Anonymous

I've never managed to put in-ear headphones in properly - they always seem to only have suitable bass levels when really shoved in, which seems a little dangerous to me...I must be doing something wrong!

Oh and nice doggy by the way Drummerman! I have a Lab named Milly (what's yours named?) - sorry for off-subject posting!

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
I reckon if your ears are dirty/clogged enough to affect your hearing it shouldnt be hi fi which spurs you on to get them sorted. And yeah totally agree about the shure flange inserts - surprisingly nasty how much they managed to shift!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts