Ears Done!

Friesiansam

After several weeks delay, apparently, so said the nurse, due to incompetent manglement at my quack's surgery, finally got my ears syringed. If, like me, you have a problem with excess wax build-up, you don't realise how bad your ears have become, until they are suddenly much better and, having put oil in my ears for the December appointment, my ears were even worse.

Now is great to get back the simple pleasure of enjoying listening to music, this evening, Marillion: Brave, one of my favourite albums.

BTW, if anyone wondered why I suddenly deactivated my account here, just my depression getting the better of me recently, back to more normal now.

Nice to see you again, and I completely agree about looking after your ears. Here too, the GP no longer offers this basic service, but I found an audiology business not far away.

(I remember the first time I ever had my ears syringed, about 30 years ago. When I started my car it sounded like a helicopter, and I later realised the crackling sound was my coat sleeves brushing against my sides!)

manicm

After several weeks delay, apparently, so said the nurse, due to incompetent manglement at my quack's surgery, finally got my ears syringed. If, like me, you have a problem with excess wax build-up, you don't realise how bad your ears have become, until they are suddenly much better and, having put oil in my ears for the December appointment, my ears were even worse.

Now is great to get back the simple pleasure of enjoying listening to music, this evening, Marillion: Brave, one of my favourite albums.

BTW, if anyone wondered why I suddenly deactivated my account here, just my depression getting the better of me recently, back to more normal now.

I've stopped using in ear headphones, after my ear got blocked.

Arron

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
Glad you're feeling better. If it's a regular thing, maybe try giving up wheat for a month. Be really strict about it, not even a tiny bit. A lot of people report it cures depression completely. Wheat causes inflammation in many people which in turn can cause depression. Doesn't cost anything to try. 🤞

Reactions: Revolutions

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
I still can't hear
Glad you're feeling better. If it's a regular thing, maybe try giving up wheat for a month. Be really strict about it, not even a tiny bit. A lot of people report it cures depression completely. Wheat causes inflammation in many people which in turn can cause depression. Doesn't cost anything to try. 🤞
i’m gluten intolerant, and feel fantastic when I don’t eat it for long periods. Never been a better time to explore that world.

Back in the early 00s I had to take tinned fish with me on tour with my band as eating on the fly was near impossible. And every restaurant meal was steak & salad.

Wasn’t a sustainable diet for me. Although I learnt to live without bread & pasta, so home cooking is easy. Luckily my meds now stop the bad side effects of gluten, so I can indulge in the joys of fresh bread & pasta. I do miss how fresh I felt when excluding completely, though.

Friesiansam

Having seen your reply and, then wondering if there is anything in it, I am always very sceptical of any health related things on the internet, I did a little searching and found this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6266949/ (Note that this is an official government website.)

I however, have no gluten related problems and, many hours in therapy sessions, identified the source of my mental health problems.

Reactions: DougK1

Arron

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
Having seen your reply and, then wondering if there is anything in it, I am always very sceptical of any health related things on the internet, I did a little searching and found this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6266949/ (Note that this is an official government website.)

I however, have no gluten related problems and, many hours in therapy sessions, identified the source of my mental health problems.
Got no gluten problems myself... in theory. In practice, when I gave up wheat for a month my mood stabilised into happy. That was ~4 years ago. Went back on it for a few months but my mood got steadily worse. Now let myself have wheat once a month and am always in a good mood even when times are hard.

Like I said, doesn't cost anything except some effort try. If it doesn't work, well, at least you crossed it off the list. But if it does work... :)

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
Maybe do the same as me and limit it to once a month?
It’s a good idea, I can try to do be more disciplined. I travel a lot for work & feel too disorganised/lazy to prep these days, but that’s definitely a learnt behaviour.

Also, at 40 I discovered how much I love a quality pizza. And I live near the best place in London…

Reactions: DougK1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts