Having to sell and buy again....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Right,

Slowly but surely i am the process of selling the below unfortunately.

MA Radius 270HD
MA Radius 90HD + MA Stands

Rather gutted really as all i needed was a centre and a sub and prob a newer amp. I am looking for something smaller for around £250 - £500ish and ill no doubt get a complete 5.1 setup for this, probably going backwards though, but i need the cash so are things like Q Acoustics 2000 5.1 something i should be looking at or others?

Or would i be completly doing the wrong thing in selling just the 270HD's and at a later date buying the Radius ONE HD and adding a sub? would this work or would it be lacking what the 270's do now

I'm not really clear about your post. Are you selling your MA speakers to save some money? Are you getting enough money to buy the Q acoustics package & yet save more? Or you don't want a 5.1 setup & want to go the soundbar route (like the Raduis One HD)?

My suggestion is to keep your existing speakers. Just get a Monitor Audio Radius 180HD for centre speaker, available for £174.99. If funds are still tight, get Monitor Audio Radius 180 (not HD) which is almost as good but is available for only £59.

Your 270HD can do the duties of your subwoofer currently. When funds allow at a later date, buy a Monitor Audio RSW12 which is currently available at a bargain price of £299. Or get the BK Monolith Gemini II, available for only £204.25.

What receiver have you got currently? You could consider Yamaha RX-V765 which, again is available at a bargain price of £299 if you can find one.

What's your budget?

A

Anonymous

Sorry, maybe i should be clearer.

My partner lost her job and we ended up getting behind with Water and Electric after only having one wage coming in. She has now got a job but dont start till monday and wont get paid till the 28th.

So i thought about selling the above but am unsure as i dont want to go backwards in sound either, i mean will a normal package like q Acoustics be good for me? i watch the odd film, play xbox 360 and use them for football etc.

I dont know whether to keep the 270 hd's and sell the r90's with stands then get it all again at a later date, or sell the lot and buy a 5.1 package or further, sell the 270's and in future buy the one HD instead of the floorstanders? is this a suitable option.

Bare in mind i still need to buy the center HD speaker and a sub, and the Yamaha 765 amp which is in total about £800+ but if i sell the R90's that goes upto over £1000

Or if i purchased a 5.1 package then purchased a amp at a later date ide be looking at £300 or so?

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Considering your curent predicament, which I'm sure will only be temporary, I would suggest you sell all your kit as cash flow is what you need now, and spend just £299.00 on the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 system - fantastic value for this price! You will have money left over to sort the bills out.

I have a set and am very happy with it. Alternatively, save up and get your next desired system when funds permit.

We've all been there mate. I know for sure how it feels.

A

Anonymous

I have considered this, i was looking at that exact set but wasnt sure, it got good reviews and all that but its discontinued in some places is it not, ive also read that the sub is the weak link but a little upgrade in that department and the set gets even better.

Thanks for the reply, ill consider this and other views

Ok, sound-wise, you will go backwards if you sell the Monitor Audio & buy Q Acoustics

You really don't have to spend a lot upgrading your kit. Your situation is only temporary.

What amp have you got currently? Maybe you can continue using that for now.

The Monitor Audio Radius 180 costs only £59 & will be perfect for your centre speaker.

If you don't have any amp, get the Yamaha RX-V765 for only £299.

So the total is only £358.

You can postpone your subwoofer purchase until your financial situation improves.

It's really not worth selling your superb kit. You won't get a decent price for it.

Think long term. Don't go about making radical changes for a financial squeeze which will last only for a month. Otherwise, simply pack your existing speakers & keep it in the loft. TV speakers are not that bad to tide over this hiccup.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

I do currently have an amp, its an old one but its working :)

Its a yamaha rvx 361, i do intend to purchase the 765 along with centre and sub as stated, will the 180 be ok in the long run or is it better to get the 225hd for example or one r HD?

I have decided i will try to sell my HD stands and try my best to keep the other stuff as i did spend alot on it and dont really want to sell but maybe pushed into doing so depending on overtime at work etc we'll see !!!!

If you have Monitor Audio Radius 270HD, you don't really need Radius One HD. That will be an overkill. The Radius One HD is designed as a replacement for your front & centre speakers, not your centre speaker solely.

Radius 180 costs only £59 & should be fine currently, maybe even in the long run. You won't be disappointed by it. You can always sell it later for R225HD which will offer superior performance.
emotion-21.gif

The Yamaha RX-V361 should be fine to drive your speakers currently. Maybe later you'll have enough funds for Yamaha RX-V3900 or Z7!
emotion-14.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts