Having sky installed on Sunday is there anything i need to be aware of?

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Yes, otherwise you get letters from them!

Make sure that your installer doesn't do something silly with the cabling. One of the houses next door has the cables slung over the roof (from front to back) before going through the wall!

A

Anonymous

Brick dust on your carpet and skirting boards from drilling.
Have the vac and something to wipe down handy.
Maybe a bit of flexible filler to backfill the hole around the cable.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
VoodooDoctor:Yes, otherwise you get letters from them!

Make sure that your installer doesn't do something silly with the cabling. One of the houses next door has the cables slung over the roof (from front to back) before going through the wall!

I never have my phone line connected to the box and I've never had a letter from Sky.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
True Blue:
Make sure where the cable comes through the wall is sealed with silicon externally and caulk internally.

I second this! My installer, who I thought was reasonable on the whole, only stuck a plate over the hole on the outside after i had given him some silicon as he didnt have any left.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
someone told me that if you had multi room you have to be connected to phone line if not it doesn't matter - would prefer not to have to as phone socket other side of room and i will prob never use any of the pay per view stuff

i have an old dish on side of house from when i moved in but all the cable has been ripped out although there is still a hole in the wall - hoping just going to remove old dish and replace althought the dish is currently on front of house and opposite side to the lounge so may ask them to place on other corner so above lounge to reduce cabling rnning round the house but guess will prob want to go for the easiest solution re replace old one

daveh75

GC69:Brick dust on your carpet and skirting boards from drilling. Have the vac and something to wipe down handy. Maybe a bit of flexible filler to backfill the hole around the cable.Erm, not unless you get a bad installer.We use special stick on pocket's to catch the dust and or a mini vacuum,plus the holes are grometted and sealed inside and out

daveh75

matengawhat:Does your Sky box still need to be connected to your phone line?Yes/NO. It depend's on your contract with them! There's no short answer,but.. if your a new customer that takes a cheap box/install offer then yes you do unless you pay an extra £25 not to have it connected. If your an existing customer it really depend's on lot's of variables.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts