Have £7k to spend for TV/amp/speaker plus Blueray/Dvd/streaming - recommendations

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please could you suggest what AV systems I should buy, considering:

~ I’d like to buy the Samsung 8000 model, size 55 inch for my 4.5 x 4.8 sized room. I like the sharp screen resolution and brightness (even if the image is a little unnatural vs the Panasonic VT 30 range). I like the ‘remote’ also, that ‘mini’ screen on it plus is touch sensitive. Should I wait for the ‘E’ 2012 version with Kinect features, and do you think it will come April?

~ if floor speakers are better quality for same price, happy to go with these, otherwise can put on walls

~ spend: thought TV is £2k, happy to spend circa £5k for amp/speakers (majority of spend), plus blueray/cd /dvd/streaming devises

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the forum :)

I'm assuming any new TV's for April may be shown at the bristol show next month.

Many budget Bluray players nowadays stream anything and everything audio and visual, so have a look at the Panasonic and Sony models to see if they do the job for you. Almost every AV receiver nowadays will stream most audio formats. In fact, knowing LG, the TV will probably do most of it too!

I'm assuming the visual aspect of the speakers will be an issue?

A

Anonymous

Tx Frank for reference re the Bristol show – if at the show you suggest there’s a good likelyhood they’ll come to market soon.

The visual aspect of the speakers aren’t the priority, rather sound quality is, with preference with 5.1 surround sound system. Agree can stream most things from budget Bluray’s these days.

Given the sample set up, where would you spend the extra £500?
~ TV - Samsung Samsung UE55D8000 55 inch, £1900
~ Blu-ray - Samsung BD-D6500, £135 (possibly upgrade to Denon DBP-2012UD £750, exra £615)
~ AMP - Pioneer VSX-LX55, £1000
~ Speakers - Monitor Audio RX8 £2,600 ~ Cable / set up - £250
Total = £5,885 (or Denon blu-ray cost £6,500)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
There's usually a lot of new products at Bristol, including TV's, which to be honest, I don't usually look at myself.

The Denon 2012 Bluray player is now down to just under £500, so would only be about £300 extra over the Samsung.

If you have an extra £500 to spend (and maybe an extra £250/300 from the 2012 being cheaper), I'd definitely put it into the receiver. This will pick you up a Pioneer SCLX75 (or maybe even SCLX85), which will be in greater control of the RX8 package, and will be more efficient than the LX55 too with it's Class D amplification.

The only thing I would recommend is looking at a receiver with the ability to set individual crossover points - the Pioneer receivers can only set a single crossover point for all speakers. Because the RX8's are large, and the centre and rears are smaller, you don't want to the same crossover point for them all. Have a look at the Onkyo 1009 or 3009 which has this ability, with the 3009 having far better room EQ set up, which does make a big difference. Both are also pretty unique in that they both have ISF set up for each individual input, if you're into picture accuracy.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget ANTHEM will be doing its Demos again at Bristol. Maybe an amp from this range could be what your looking for. Frank Harvey could advise here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts