Has the Onkyo TS SR605 got enought grunt for KEF iQ7

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there

I have just recently brought the KEF IQ7 and the onkyo TX SR605. I've not had a real chance to listen to them properly yet so i'm not sure if i am happy with them or not.

I've been doing some reading and i'm a bit worried that my amp is underpowered for the speakers. Not had a chance to listen to them with any volume as i have only been home late at night and i don't think my neighbours with a new born would like it very much.

I have played a CD through them and i think it is getting slightly distorted at volumes that i would say are not very loud. I am playing the CDs through my PS3 which is conected through HDMI if that makes any difference i am not sure.

If anyone could give me any info/reassurance or have had a similar problem that would be much apprieciated

A

Anonymous

you could try bi-amping them if you using them in a 5.1 system

A

Anonymous

[quote user="fr0g"]
One thing to make sure, is that the selectable volume on the PS3 itself is set at zero (normal). If it is set higher it does create this distortion at higher volumes.[/quote]

I have looked high and low and can find no selectable volume on the PS3. Where is this in the menu system?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts