Has anyone heard the rega apollo-r...

stephennic said:
Its meant to be in the shops now.

Hi stephennic

Yes, i've heard Rega's new Apollo R CD player and it has an excellent all round performance
smiley-cool.gif
The Apollo R is a clear step up from the already impressive Apollo CD player. I feel Rega are on to another winner with their new Apollo R :)

Merry Christmas

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Something tells me it's not going to be that great. No disrespect, but when the rega dac came out, most dealers were jumping off off the rooftop and declaring how great it was, product of the year, yada yada yada. There were a few of :dance: and :rockout: and these :cheers: too.

MoData said:
Something tells me it's not going to be that great. No disrespect, but when the rega dac came out, most dealers were jumping off off the rooftop and declaring how great it was, product of the year, yada yada yada. There were a few of :dance: and :rockout: and these :cheers: too.

Hi MoData

I find the Rega DAC to be an excellent product :rockout:

Merry Christmas

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

I love the DAC too. What about the Apollo-R? Is it as much of a killer product as the Dac? :dance: or :help: ? Maybe just plain :boohoo: ?

A

Anonymous

everywhere i look people are praising the new apollo and rightly so, i had the pleasure of listening to it last week with the rega brio-r and some dynaudio excites and it was stunning, rega have enhanced on the original 5 star apollo in every way, so here's my problem, i have just read the WHF review of this new player and it only gets 4 stars? :shame: its better than that!

A

Anonymous

I have just bought the Apollo R and find it is absolutely fantastic in every way. Detail is superb and it is very smooth, almost analogue turntable like in its delivery. It does indeed deserve 5 stars!!

I now the proud owner of a full Rega system, the Apollo was the finishing touch!

Rega RS3's

Rega DAC

Rega Brio r

Rega Apollo r

A

Anonymous

I have just bought the Apollo R and find it is absolutely fantastic in every way. Detail is superb and it is very smooth, almost analogue turntable like in its delivery. It does indeed deserve 5 stars!!

I now the proud owner of a full Rega system, the Apollo was the finishing touch!

Rega RS3's

Rega DAC

Rega Brio r

Rega Apollo r

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've heard Apollo R before christmas with RS3s and BrioR sounded very very good :) I can't get that sound out of my boxes at home with high res. music . And Iam still thinking where is the problem ? If it's Apollo R than it is better sounding than Rega Dac :silenced: and i'll have to save up some money soon , How does it sound with Rega dac? I dont think there is much to improve ;)

A

Anonymous

My Apollo r is fed by co ax to the Rega DAC and then the DAC to the Brio r. Sounds superb!!!

A

Anonymous

I heard the new Rega Apollo R and Brio R together with Spendor A3's and the sound was incredible. So much so, I'm putting down a deposit for the lot. Very natural sounding system but I found the Rega's were not have with lower price bracket floorstanders. Might just be my ear and the sound I was after.

Anyway, still a great system and should of been a 5 star cd player.

Never did get the opportunity to try Rega speakers but loving the A3's. They do pack a punch for small floorstanders.

bradbort

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I just added the apollo r to my brio r and rega dac (speakers are meadowlark Kestrals...sadly, no longer in business). The Apollo R sounds great, and greater than great through the DAC. Tone Audio just called it a product of the year. Not sure why the 4 star review from WHF.

A

Anonymous

In case anyone's interested in the Rega Apollo-R CD player (and the Rega Brio-R amp)....

I've just demo'd the Rega pairing against the following CD player & Amp combinations: Naim 5i; Cyrus 6 SE; Marantz Pearl Lite; Audiolab 8200.

Originally I didn't have the Rega's on my list, but the ace team at Sevenoaks S&V in Manchester suggested that I should listen to them. I'm very grateful for their advice, because to me the Rega system sounded clearly better than the others, so I bought it.

I found that the Naims were fine, but not very musically engaging and just a little harsh in places. The Cyrus combination was a little better, but very close in sound. The Marantz Pearl Lites were strong on vocals, but a bit confusing when listening to busy instrumental sections (though they were fresh out of the box).

I thought the Audiolab kit was excellent, with great detailing of the instruments. When I compared this to the Regas I found the latter to be warmer and projected the music as a unified piece, rather than separate elements. My choice was which I wanted to hear more of - the detailing, or the song. I chose the song, and therefore the Regas (and I also think that the Regas provided good detailing anyway). I'm absolutely delighted with the Regas, and look forward to re-discovering my music collection. I recommend anyone to at least listen to the Rega equipment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts