Has anyone else had Xmas lurgy?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
A very very effective home remedy for cold is to have a glass full of warm water , with one spoon of turmeric, one spoon of honey, and a full lemon squeezed in on an empty stomach in the morning. Please give it a try next time.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Electro said:
It got me quite suddenly on Christmas Eve and floored me for seven days.

I could not eat anything at all for 4 days, the cough was horrendous combined with a chest infection, high temperature and diarrhoea.

I also suffered mild halucinations, nightmares and a strange sensation of my head being being full of totally pointless and really frustrating thoughts, I would guess a high temperature was the cause of this.

I still feel a bit drained now and the only food I can really enjoy is porridge oats !

Carbon copy of my symptoms. With the exception of the penchant for porridge? *bad*

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
newlash09 said:
A very very effective home remedy for cold is to have a glass full of warm water , with one spoon of turmeric, one spoon of honey, and a full lemon squeezed in on an empty stomach in the morning. Please give it a try next time.

My wife's family who are from India suggested this remmodey, but not just when you have a cold/flu, but to take on a regular basis more as a preventitive medication... I tried it, but just the smell alone put me off!

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
McRibbons said:
Funnily enough my partner has it and it’s her left ear that’s blocked

Yeah it's quite amazing that it seems to hit most sufferers' left ears. Insider suffers in his right, but that's almost certainly a result of his nose injury. When I first started to investigate my symtoms and discovered ETD, I actually found out about it on an aviation forum, because pilots who suffer from it have to stop flying until it clears. When flying, the blockage prevents the air pressure in your inner ear from equalizing during the change in atmospheric pressure as you ascend/descend, this in turn can cause severe pain or even cause your ear drums to burst.

It is most common in children, whose eustachian tubes are narrower, and is sometimes known as 'glue ear' because the mucus has the consistency of thick wallpaper paste.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

MajorFubar said:
McRibbons said:
Funnily enough my partner has it and it’s her left ear that’s blocked

Yeah it's quite amazing that it seems to hit most sufferers' left ears. Insider suffers in his right, but that's almost certainly a result of his nose injury. When I first started to investigate my symtoms and discovered ETD, I actually found out about it on an aviation forum, because pilots who suffer from it have to stop flying until it clears. When flying, the blockage prevents the air pressure in your inner ear from equalizing during the change in atmospheric pressure as you ascend/descend, this in turn can cause severe pain or even cause your ear drums to burst.

It is most common in children, whose eustachian tubes are narrower, and is sometimes known as 'glue ear' because the mucus has the consistency of thick wallpaper paste.

childrens Eustachian tubes aren’t narrower but in proportion with the head it’s just when you go from child to adult and the face gets fuller, the Eustachian tube slants downward slightly. In a child it’s flat, that’s why stuff gets blocked in it. That’s how I understand it.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Macspur said:
newlash09 said:

My wife's family who are from India suggested this remmodey, but not just when you have a cold/flu, but to take on a regular basis more as a preventitive medication... I tried it, but just the smell alone put me off!

Mac

But the benefits will overcome the smell. So please have it the next time you have a chance :)

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
newlash09 said:
Macspur said:
newlash09 said:

Mac

But the benefits will overcome the smell. So please have it the next time you have a chance :)

Mrs Mac would agree with you... I'm just a big baby!

Mac

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts