Has anyone bought an OLED or are planning to?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Indeed, now in September 2014 we are seeing how much better the second generation 4K sets are than the first generation, and at prices that are no higher. I expect the same to happen with OLED, don't buy first generation. And by the way, there is nothing wrong with your calibrated Panasonic 50VT65!!! It is better than any of my four calibrated plasmas, which I still think, whether watching ordinary TV programmes or Blu-Rays, are pretty damn good, yes, even my much-maligned LG 60PZ950T in the kitchen. You are much younger than I am Gel, and maybe therefore more impatient for change and (apparent) progress. Your existing television is (very) fine. If it ain't broke ......

D

Deleted member 2457

I think to be honest I would prefer this model:

http://www.cnet.com/videos/lg-55ec9300-oled-tv-the-best-picture-quality-ever/

D

Deleted member 2457

This deal looks good:

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/led-tv/lg-55ea880v-oled-3d-smart-tv/22177773-a.html?ectrans=1&gclid=CLG5gK-n7cACFfMZtAodvBkAQA

D

Deleted member 2457

http://districtelectricals.co.uk/lg-55ea980w-55-inch-oled-cinema-3d-smart-curved-tv.html

Same price here as Total Digital.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
With the amount of searches you're doing gel, your curiosity will soon turn into an obsession, making you want to buy one, even though you don't really need it.
I think I am there already! *smile*. Nope, time to be sensible, not sure I can do the same with the Pioneer Blu-ray players. Doh.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
bigboss said:
With the amount of searches you're doing gel, your curiosity will soon turn into an obsession, making you want to buy one, even though you don't really need it.
I think I am there already! *smile*. Nope, time to be sensible, not sure I can do the same with the Pioneer Blu-ray players. Doh.

Gel, on the ultimate shoot out that myself and BB went to, the panasonic plasma won. I appreciate the LG is now 4k but I don't think the colours in particular the blues won't look natural. This was certainly the case on the OLED 1080p that I viewed at the shoot out.

dont waste your money, wait a year or longer until the technology is proven in terms of reliability, screen burn etc :)

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
gel said:
bigboss said:

Gel, on the ultimate shoot out that myself and BB went to, the panasonic plasma won. I appreciate the LG is now 4k but I don't think the colours in particular the blues won't look natural. This was certainly the case on the OLED 1080p that I viewed at the shoot out.

dont waste your money, wait a year or longer until the technology is proven in terms of reliability, screen burn etc :)
Yep, I think you are right, I am just going to wait and see what happens.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts