Harmony remotes - Genius!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Octopo:Will these things do everything? Sony LCD, Nait 5i, Pinoneer receiver, Mac Mini, Sky HD for instance?If you look on the website you can search every device you want and it'll tell y ou if its compatible.

All my nad, themescene, lowe, toshiba and the naim kit i had was surported so i think its got pretty much everything covered.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
kena:The issue is the Harmony or my current Pronto doesn't know what TV input is on when selected

That shouldn't matter and was exactly the reason why I had to have a workaround for mine - before the fix, if the TV was on the wrong input, the remote couldn't send the right signal to get to the correct input. The workaround involved first setting the TV to a known input e.g. HDMI1, and then sending the relevant signals to get it to the correct input from there. This workaround has now been built in to the remote so I don't have to programme it any more myself, all I do is tell the software that the input needs to be Component or AV1 or HDMI2 etc. etc. and it will then do what's necessary to get it to that input. From the sound of d4v3pum4's comments, he doesn't need to worry about it either. You just tell the Harmony when you're setting it up that, for the "Watch Freesat" activity, it needs to switch to the internal Freesat tuner. No matter where it is at that point therefore, when you press the "Watch Freesat" button, it will switch to the internal Freesat tuner.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Sorry guys if I'm not being clear , I can program the Pronto (presumably similar to the Harmony) to any state under the AV button HDMI1-3, PC, component, TV, etc. but its the 4 options under TV that are the issue Freesat, DVB, Analogue, Other Sat services, Watch Freesat would need TV, UP 2 If it had been on Analogue previously but only up 1 if it had been on DVB - So I need buttons for all the permutations - I can d this but not very wife friendly

nads

oh i have found more features. and i have got over the problem where two items used the same code to turn on. as they used to turn on and then turn off!

I am not much of a fiddler as long as it does what i want i tend not to dig too far incase things stop working!

TRENDING THREADS