Harmon Kardon HKTS 7 Vs JBL SCS 138

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I currently use a JBL SCS 138 speaker system with an Onkyo 605 receiver. I've seen a good price on the Harmon kardon HKTS 7 5.1 speaker package (of which I've read good things) and I'm considering 'upgrading'. However I need a bit of advice as to whether or not swapping the JBLs for the HKs will actually be an upgrade?

Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

FYI:

JBLs - http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=SCS138/230&CheckProduct=Y
HKs - http://www.harmankardon.com/specifications.aspx?Region=EUROPE&Country=GB&Language=ENG&cat=HCS&ser=&prod=HKTS%207/230&sType=C

A

Anonymous

Anybody able to offer some advice? I'm not sure how long this deal will be available!

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Sorry mate, I've never heard the Harmon Kardon speakers that you're after. In fact, the only Harmon Kardon speakers that I have heard are the ones that are in my laptop.

I do have experience with their amps and receivers, and I find them to be a quality brand.

Hopefully someone else will come along who can help you more.

Good luck, fella.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
those JBL's are metal outside aren't they? the harman's are plastic.I heard the harman's before and they sound very good to me. If your's are metal then the harmans should sound better i guess at least for music

A

Anonymous

As far as I can tell the JBLs speaker housings are plastic. Shouldn't metal speakers perform better?

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
metal casing tends to make more bright sound.for movies not bad but fore music I think it is worse.I recall seing those jbl's on sale many years ago, but I never heard them.the Harman kardons with respective stands look extremely nice and sound good

A

Anonymous

To me the JBLs sound very good considering I only paid £100 for them, and they look good to boot :) I can get the Harmons brand new for £180 (which is an excellent price) but don't know if they will actually sound any better than my JBLs! Maybe I'd be better waiting a while and upgrading properly to a more substantial system in a few months.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
heard today the harman's with a yamaha amp.doesn't sound good.But I' m beggining to find I donït like yamaha sound.it sounded harsh. If you like the jbl's keep them.

A

Anonymous

ear:heard today the harman's with a yamaha amp.doesn't sound good.But I' m beggining to find I donït like yamaha sound.it sounded harsh. If you like the jbl's keep them.

Thanks for the response, think I'll heed your advice and stick with my JBLs for a while longer.

TRENDING THREADS