harmon cardon or onkyo tx-sr606

henxuk

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
hi there,

I want a onkyo tx-sr 605 but well apparently they dont exist any more and you can't find them for love nor money,so have settled on teh onkyo tx-sr606

BUT it is PIG UGLY.

and really I want something nice to look at - hence harmon cardon; those boys know how to make a great lookingbloCK OF METAL.

SO, my question is what is the equivalent system that Harmon make in terms of the onkyo 606I need full hd sound, about 3 hdmi ins, and the capability to allow component input to be outputted through the HDMI (audio and video), (i.e. I want everything I put in to go out one HDMI) (Like the 606 :)

Any thoughts or suggestions?

cheers guys 

A

Anonymous

henxuk:
and really I want something nice to look at - hence harmon cardon; those boys know how to make a great lookingbloCK OF METAL.

As much as the Harmon is a good Amp, can't say I like the looks (too much silver).

Just goes to show that beauty's in the eye of the beholder. :)

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
The Marantz is discontinued and - as far as I know - only available second-hand. ÿIt will only give you HD sound with a Blu-Ray player doing the decoding and then sending a multi-cable anologue feed.

A

Anonymous

AV Receivers were built to produce the best possible sound quality (amongst other things), and in this department the Onkyo would thrash the Harmon, so I would go for the Onkyo all the way (Although the 606 is due to be replaced).

But if you just want your TV / AV stand to look good then .... dont go for the Harmon Kardon either cos its a minger in my opinion - but each to their own.

But like the others say, consider the yamaha, sony and denon models aswell before you splash your cash on a richer sounds special. (thats all they ever have in stock and theres a reason for this)

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Which HK amp/receiver are you talking about? I can't believe people are making judgement when the model no. isn't known. I've heard a mate's HK and it's a cracking sounding amp and looks wise, it puts the majority of Japanese stuff to shame. Onkyo are ugly as sin IMO!

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
It's probably the 355 that is being talked about.

Lovely looking, in my opinion, and great sounding for movies (too warm for my liking with music).

TRENDING THREADS