Harman Kardon HK970 Amp & HD970 CD - What speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi again forum dwellers! Back with another question :p

After trawling countless sites and tracking down owners of the aforementioned H/K amp and speaker system, I've decided to settle on this: http://www.hiwayhifi.com/site/product.asp?section=1&Cat=39&Sub=171&Prod=28780

I'm now stumped on what to buy speaker wise. I want quality throughout all frequencies, but as a drum n bass head preferably with something special on the low end.

I was considering the Monitor Audio RS6 speakers, but I'm not sure if these would be mismatched SQ wise to the amp and CD deck. I'm looking a maximum of £650 for the speakers and I'm open to getting speakers and a sub if it would be a better solution.

I'm new to the hi-fi scene so if I'm misguided in my thinking, hence me being here.

Thanks in advance :)

Charlie

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't go for the sub option with that budget as you would struggle to get a decent sub that doesn't make the occasional bottom burp sound on its own. I would blow the budget (un)wisely on s/h Spendor S5e's, Dali Ikon 6's or maybe ex-dem AE Aelite 3's, all floorstanders with a good range. Oh and Triangle is another brand to look out for used.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="gpi"]ex-dem AE Aelite 3's, all floorstanders with a good range. Oh and Triangle is another brand to look out for used.[/quote]

Triangles are rare 2nd hand but find them and they could be a nirvana for someone.....they make you forget about hifi thing just enjoy the music
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts