Harman Kardon AVR 8500 upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am using harman kardon 8500 with proac hexa centre & rears, studio 150 fronts, rel stadium 2 sub, sky hd, sony bdp s760, pioneer pdp 507xd, chord rumour spk cables. My listening room is 7m x 4m sitting 3m from front& rear also very open plan with 2 similar size rooms via open arches T off. Overall the system is good maybe could be better in sound moving from front to rear. I realise some components are getting on in years. Any thoughts as to upgrading for example HK 8500, has anyone experienced similar set up using for example dspz7 lx83 etc,. I watch a lot of sky hd music also so has to be good with music as well as movies. Many thanks.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The 8500 is a beast of an amp. You would be wise to look at the LX83 - the Z7 is finished now - it has real control with superb performance in both stereo and multichannel. Do you have a home for the Harman, are you going to use it in another room?

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for reply, in your opion would the lx83 way outperform the 8500,in an A-B comparison. Might e-bay Harman if i go this route,any thoughts?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I would think it would. The sound is quite different but the Pioneer has the authority and grip that the Harman has with the added benefit of excellent room eq. You will be able to bi-amp the Pioneer to route more power to the fronts - presuming the Proac's have the connections.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts