Hard Drive upgrade -Sky HD

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Well, it's quite hard to be accurate as depending on the compression ratio used in different programs, one can't say that 1 hour of HD will take up xxGb of space, so I can offer the following wisdom :

Installing a 750Gb drive will leave you with 610Gb storage (750Gb minus AnyTime reserved space).

The last drive I installed was a 500Gb job and that was tested to reveal 200 hours of SD or a tad under 75 hours of HD broadcasts.

Mr Gaz

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Tonya

Recently received box from ebay with 750 gb upgrade completed - ive nearly filled this with 40hrs hd content ( i expected 100hrs +)

Ive been assured the hard drive is 750gb as sold.

Does the sky software automatically recognise the increased capacity and adjust the percentage needed to record a given program .

example - 4 percent on 300gb standard box might read 1 percent on 750gb box

As you can see i don"t understand the workings of hard drives think i may have been sold a 300gb box ha!

daveh75

RobinKidderminster:

Sound advise on best HDD and upgrade info would be an interesting thread. I'm not sure if I can take the upgrade path. Need a kind hand i think.

Cheers all
Have a look HERE, tells you just about everything you need to know on upgrading the HDD.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts