Gyro Belt comes off platter at 45 rpm

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi All,
I've had my Gyro SE for about a year and I'm enjoying it immensely, however there is a problem. When I change the belt to the larger motor pulley to play a 45 the belt comes off the platter.
Has anybody else experienced this? I'm thinking that the suspension is set too high so that the lower pulley pulls the belt down. Maybe to test this theory I should raise the motor height to see if it makes a difference?
Any advice would be very welcome.
Thanks.
D

Drummerdave said:
Hi All,I've had my Gyro SE for about a year and I'm enjoying it immensely, however there is a problem. When I change the belt to the larger motor pulley to play a 45 the belt comes off the platter.Has anybody else experienced this? I'm thinking that the suspension is set too high so that the lower pulley pulls the belt down. Maybe to test this theory I should raise the motor height to see if it makes a difference?Any advice would be very welcome.Thanks.D

I have never owned a Gyro but on a deck I had that exhibited this same problem I found it had a facility to adjust the pulley height on the motor spindle

This cured the problem. Is yours the same?

Failing that you may have the ability to actually invert the pulley so that the larger diameter 45rpm section is at the top. The suspension may be set incorrectly but the easiest option here is to put a thin sheet of Sorbothane or something under the motor unit to raise it a few millimetres.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts