Greetings from Belgium

tmclssns

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I remember being fascinated by my fathers system, 22 years ago. I don't remember the specifics but it included an amp, receiver, CD player, cassette deck and turntable of Technics and two lovely BOSE speakers. After that "my music thing" for some reason disappeared only to resurface about a year ago (I'm now 30).

We already had an AVR (Harman/Kardon AVR-142) with a set of JBL surround speakers (5.1) - I replaced the H.K. unit with a Marantz AV7701/MM7055 combo and added a Marantz UD5005. Next change coming is a new TV set from Samsung, replacing the current LG plasma unit.

Of course I have dreams too. We have a high end audio shop with some magical equipment from Accuphase and Martin Logan - after hearing this setup, I know that is achievable (and might one day be actually reachable). So next step up is replacing the 5.1 setup from JBL with something from Kef, B&W or if we can afford it, the whole Martin Logan ESL ElectroMotion lot. (floorstanders, center, surround and subwoofer). Cabling is done with Kimber Kable and HDMI is all AudioQuest.

In the near future however, I'm planning to update my office setup to a stereo amp with some descent speakers.

That's about it, for an introduction. Oh year, I also happen to like photography. Sadly enough, this can also get quite expensive as a hobby ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts