granite bargains from argos

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

strobo

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
ja99son:
btw. I have read that slate is not a good material for this type of use. Marble is apparently better but granite is best.

Hmmm, do you mean under seperates, or under speakers? I've certainly got a massive improvement using slate under my speakers. I'll have to try it under my seperates next.

I tried adding sand to the speaker stands too. With the sand added the soundstage didn't disappear altogether, like it had when I tried adding it before the slate tiles were around, but nevertheless, it wasn't quite right. The bass got all woolly too.

Adding an extra tile under each speaker didn't offer any benefits either.

Needless to say, I've reverted to a single tile under each speaker stand, and am still happy at the improvment over using nothing. Though, I may well give granite a try sometime soon...
emotion-4.gif

plaxtonp

May 25, 2009
Visit site
WILKINSONS also do a nice granite slab as well and look quite nice certainly worth a look if you have laminate floors or a delicate carpet. well worth the £14 outlay for the pair.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts