Grados sr80i and musical fidelity v-can 2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have had both since yesterday and i am very impressed, i bought both based on reviews as it was impossible to demo, the sound is nice and detailed, i have got myself what i think is a good entry point into head-fi, i am already thinking about buying a pair of Akg k702, only £221 on amazon, i have also got my eye on a mf m1-hpa, i think i am getting ahed of myself here! anyway i am glad i took the plunge, fantastic sound quality for little over £200.

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
It's great that you are happy but I can see your thoughts are similar to mine. I just recently got in to headphones and have been so impressed I am desperate to know what else they are capable of so am constantly looking for the next possible upgrade.

I used to have the SR80i and loved them but the k702 (which should be similar or the same as my Q701) is quite a step up in clarity but although they are both extremely open headphones their signatures are noticably different. The upper mids on Grado's are quite emphasized making them pretty agressive and the AKGs are very flat. Not as boring as some reference phones I have tried though and bags more detail and sound stage than the SR80i. Sorry if that encourages you.

I tried the MF M1-HPA in a hi-fi shop with my laptop and headphones and was rather disapointed with it compared to my £50 Fiio E7 DAC/amp. I then bought the £300 DACport, very detailed but super bass-shy. Then I went for the Yulong D100 mkII and have been blown away with the way it makes all 3 of my headphones sound! (see sig).

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
If you get a chance, try the Grado PS-500 sometime. Very smooth - still a Grado, but less emphasis issues. I sent one to a guy in Singapore and he got some large "bowl" cushions for them, which he says made the sound even better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts