Grado Headphones

Daniel 1

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I am after a pair of grado headphones for use with my Iphone and Macbook. Mainy for indoor use.

Without having to buy a seperate amp.

I am thinking either Grado sr60e or sr80e any advice would be appreatiated.

I use the earlier 60 series with both a MacBook and iPad. They work very well, with good sensitivity.

Do try them for fit, as they are quite tight at first, and they do 'leak' sound, so they won't be much use if your partner is sitting next to you reading!

Daniel 1

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
For a extra £10 is it worth getting the sr80e only I heard some reviews say the 60s perform better with a iphone/macbook as it dont take as much power to run?

D

Deleted member 108165

Daniel 1 said:
Hi,

I am after a pair of grado headphones for use with my Iphone and Macbook. Mainy for indoor use.

Do you wear spectactles when using headphones? If you do then the Grado's can be damned uncomfortable for specs wearers, and can also be uncomfortable after extended use. Having said that they do offer a very different sound signature, which can be intoxicating. I have a set of SR225's and wouldn't part with them, I just don't wear my specs when I use them and only use them for about an hour at a time *smile*

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
DougK said:
Daniel 1 said:
Hi,

I am after a pair of grado headphones for use with my Iphone and Macbook.  Mainy for indoor use.  

Do you wear spectactles when using headphones? If you do then the Grado's can be damned uncomfortable for specs wearers, and can also be uncomfortable after extended use. Having said that they do offer a very different sound signature, which can be intoxicating. I have a set of SR225's and wouldn't part with them, I just don't wear my specs when I use them and only use them for about an hour at a time *smile*

The 60/80e both use the flat ear pads. I wear reading glasses and have no problem with comfort. I can also easily wear the for prolonged periods. Clamping force is fairly light.

Headphone comfort is rarely a universal thing.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
drummerman said:
DougK said:
Daniel 1 said:
Hi,

Do you wear spectactles when using headphones? If you do then the Grado's can be damned uncomfortable for specs wearers, and can also be uncomfortable after extended use. Having said that they do offer a very different sound signature, which can be intoxicating. I have a set of SR225's and wouldn't part with them, I just don't wear my specs when I use them and only use them for about an hour at a time *smile*

The 60/80e both use the flat ear pads. I wear reading glasses and have no problem with comfort. I can also easily wear the for prolonged periods. Clamping force is fairly light.

Headphone comfort is rarely a universal thing.

Good advice - I think you'd do better in the long run to find some frames that lay flat and don't interfere with headphone pads.

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
I bought some StoreONE doughnut style pads for my Grados, which are a thicker and a bit softer than the Grados, and found them very comfortable over my specs, although the specs have thin arms. Not sure if they're still available, I got them from Amazon in 2015.

Midexe

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I think the Grado sr60e is a great choice, i have been using it since last year, the only problem is that i can't take it out with me anywhere, i mean it's not good for portable use.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts