Google TV/Sony Bravia - goes to sleep watching internet streams - can I turn it off?

Portoman

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi

I don't know if this is related to my Sony TV's settings or Google TV that is installed on the television. Basically, when I watch something using the internet browser on the Google TV facility, it goes to sleep after about 10 or 15 minutes and the screen goes blank, so I need to click a button the remote to wake it up.

I've seen various things about switching off sleep modes/timer modes, and I have done what I can with them (some of them aren't on the device), so is it something different? I suppose it is something to do with the TV, but I cannot find any settings where it switches itself to sleep/plays a blank screen after 10 or 15 minutes.

Any ideas? Thanks.

It should tell you in the manual; however you may find it comes under screen saver. (Each manufacture has their own ways of doing things)

Bill
Pretty much my experience too. Eco settings are a ‘favourite’ culprit.

One telly we used had a screen blanking function, but once selected it was almost impossible to reverse because the screen was blank so you couldn’t see the menu. Whoever thought that up?!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts