google chromecast question please help?

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
hi guys just bought chromcast and can't see to get it working. on set up it asks me to connect to wifi from the chromecast. i then use my ipad into settings and i select the chromecast as appears. as i have now connected to the chromecast i have now lost internet access on my ipad because i have just disconnected from my wifi bt wireless to the chromecast. do you need non wifi internet access on the ipad in order to use this gadget??

abacus

You leave your iPad connected to your Wi Fi, under NO circumstances connect to the Chromecast direct.

Connect the Chromecast to a HDMI input and to a power supply (Either USB or the wall plug provided) NOTE: once you select the HDMI input you will now see the details of the Chromecast.

Download and install the Chromecast app, open it and follow the instructions. (You use a combination of the iPad screen and TV screen)

Hope this helps

Bill

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
hi bill yes it asks you in the on screen instructions to connect to the chromecast. in order to use the chromecast however you need wifi, once i connect to the chromecast via wifi there is nothing else i can do? as i have no wi fi connected to the ipad.

abacus

ontheline said:
hi bill yes it asks you in the on screen instructions to connect to the chromecast. in order to use the chromecast however you need wifi, once i connect to the chromecast via wifi there is nothing else i can do? as i have no wi fi connected to the ipad.

Leave your iPad connected to the Wi Fi, then when it asks you to connect the Chromecast, highlight the Chromecast that is on the iPad screen (Making sure the numbers on the TV screen and iPad match) and touch continue, you will then be asked to enter the name and password for the Wi Fi router, when completed press OK and after some seconds the Chromecast will connect to your Wifi Network and you are good to go.

Remember everything is done through your Wi Fi router, and providing both your iPad and Chromecast are connected to this, then communication between your iPad and Chromecast will be available.

Hope this helps

Bill

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I had constant problems trying to use my chromecast with a BT home hub 3.

I would turn the amp to the Chromecast input and the screen would show it was connected to the BT home hub. Then none of my phone (android - lollipop), Nexus 7 (ditto), wife's phone (android kitkat) could find the Chromecast. And they key connecting to the Chromecast as a wifi signal. Resetting did nothing

I ended up having to re-set the router (with a paperclip), delete and re-install the chromecast app and reset the chromecast (hold in the button on it for 20 seconds). Then it worked okay, for a week, then I had to repeat. Been with Plusnet for a month and not a single issue.

Also (a separate issue I've had - but only a minor grumble is) I would find that most apps (BT, Blinkbox and even Play movies) would not have a "cast" icon, when they clearly should ahve. I had to go through the process of casting from youtube - which never dropped the cast icon, then re-try to cast the thing I wanted to cast.

A

Anderson

ontheline said:
bill must thank you, got it this time with your help. really appreciated, this forum is the best always good guys near by to help out. best. thank you

Yay sorted.

what do you intend to use your Chrome cast for, music, movies or something else?

ontheline

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
mostly for movies and videos's..youtube etc i only use ipod touch so to have the content from online to big screen is excellent. i would recommend one, you may have one already?

A

Anderson

ontheline said:
mostly for movies and videos's..youtube etc i only use ipod touch so to have the content from online to big screen is excellent. i would recommend one, you may have one already?

I was going to get one but my PS4 lets me remote play YouTube and Netflix and with the addition of a soon to be bought amp I'll be able to do the same with Spotify. If I didn't have the PS4 then I would defo buy one.

rchinn

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I bought a Chromecast and have hardly used it as the stream quality isn't great. It's like it can only receive a lower number of frames per second than displays on my laptop. So I ended up using an HDMI cable, great quality but the whole point of the Chromecast was to be cable free.

Does anyone have a similar problems with the quality of your Chromecast display?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts