Good speakers to compliment a Roksan kandy amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi everyone new to the board, been reading what hifi for the last 10 years so I thought I'd join online.

I am about to start upgrading my current set up, which is an old yamaha amp, B & W 602's, technics 1210 turntables. I've decided I would try the Roksan Kandy amp as its been highly recommended, but I have no idea which speakers would go well. I would like a book shelf speaker, my space is limited so the smaller the better, and I listen to rock, funk and dance music. my budget for amp and speakers is around £1000 but could be tempted to go higher. any recommendations? cheers.

John Duncan

Ha. You will get two trains of thought here - the first is the 600 quid amp/400 quid speakers view, which I used to follow, but have found recently that I've got more pleasure from demos of very good speakers on the end of cheaper amps (within reason).

Others here can recommend speakers for the Kandy, but I would suggest you try something like a Creek Evo (available 300 ex-dem or 395 brand new direct from Creek) or Marantz PM7001 or NAD C352 (I think that's the right one?) with a pair of PMC DB1+ (still available and probably very good value - it's just been replaced by the new DB1i but that's probably pushing it at £770).

A

Anonymous

cheers for the help. some speakers that I might look at are the AVI Neutron's and Pro Ac Tablettes. will definetley try the PMC DB1.

John Duncan

[quote user="Tomislav1981"]
cheers for the help. some speakers that I might look at are the AVI Neutron's and Pro Ac Tablettes. will definetley try the PMC DB1.
[/quote]

Absolutely, all great speakers, though to my mind the PMCs would probably suit your music best in terms of bass depth.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I'd also suggest the ATC SCM11s (£850) which set a sky-high standard for rivals to match, and would work well with the Roksan Kandy amp. Timing, dynamics and scale are all superb.

John Duncan

[quote user="Andy Clough"]
I'd also suggest the ATC SCM11s (£850) which set a sky-high standard for rivals to match, and would work well with the Roksan Kandy amp. Timing, dynamics and scale are all superb.

[/quote]

Need a big bookshelf though. Think Bodleian.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="Andy Clough"]

[/quote]

Need a big bookshelf though. Think Bodleian.[/quote]

yeah, i've seen the ATC's are they seem abit too big. I'll be moving to flat and so space will be limited. The B & W speakers (601's) I have at the moment are too big as it is.

John Duncan

There you go, another option (hit a few branches of the ugly tree on the way down though, IMO). I see nobody's contradicting my skewed budget split either. Result
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS