News Good news for vinyl lovers

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
This was proposed a while back, glad it’s actually happening. I’m happy for sentimentality. And if shops like HMV can inspire a turnaround for the west end, that’s great.

The slow demise of Denmark Street was a really sad time for me. I care less for Oxford Street. But the absurd situation that has allowed money laundering shops to proliferate is injustice on a huge scale. The PR from a big name like this should bring a boost & hopefully deliver some confidence for other brands who’ve stayed away in recent years.

The sad part is that Fopp, essentially the same brand now & just up the road, is pretty dire for vinyl so I expect the same from an HMV store. It’s lost all that made it a great experience: everything is pretty much standard retail price now. Except the books. I love buying cheap books there 🥰

I do have a lot of love for the Fopp CEO though, seems like a great dude, and it reminds me that I’m get to visit HMV Birmingham - the biggest record shop in the UK.

Oxfordian

With our High Streets struggling for customers any big brand opening a store is welcome, well done HMV on getting back into Oxford Street, let’s hope that it is as busy as hell.

I am lucky having both HMV and an independent where I live, both have a good range of vinyl and the independent has a good reputation for secondhand vinyl. But we are still struggling with a good number of empty stores that appear unlikely to find new business anytime soon.

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
I always assumed London would have the best and biggest HMV's sprawled in every corner of the city., apparently not the case, I hope the new shop does well (with vinyl especially) and keeps the business interested in the medium.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts