Good ipod dock?!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Could anyone give me some advice on ipod docking systems. I want to buy one as a xmas present for my boyfriend and I'm confused by all the mixed reviews!! It would be to replace his hi-fi and so I'm not looking for something portable. The two that seem to stand out are the Klipsh igroove SXT and the Bose SoundDock (£149 at john lewis). I was swaying towards the bose dock but I have read a few bad reviews, mainly about the price but I would be happy paying £149 for it. Any advice on these or any other ipod docks would be gratefully appreciated!!
emotion-42.gif

A

Anonymous

Ive the perfect solution. The Jamo i300 ipod dock a subwoofer and two small satelite speakers an ipod charging dock with sub bass control and volume and remote control to work your boyfriends classic.

This system has the power and performance of a full hifi system as ive got one of these sets in glossy white (also in glossy black) if you go onto website jamo.co.uk and click onto i series then to i300 you will see the pics and specs.

I brought mine off amazon its now about £230 for white and £260 for black but there prices change daily.

Ive listened to the bose dock and this blows it away Bose is pricey for the quality you can get much better for the same sort of money.

P.S you wont be dissapointed .Ive got mine running throught the tv aswell.It has 2 line in inputs and music through sky is superb

Good Luck Darren

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

For decent sound at this sort of price, I think it's got to be the Audioengine A2s. Ok, so you don't get a dedicated dock with them, but you could buy one separately and you'll still be around the £150 mark. You can, of course, do without the dock, and just connect the iPod to the speakers using a 3.5mm cable, but your iPod won't be charged this way. Up to you if that's an issue.

A2 review can be found here - http://whathifi.com/Review/Audioengine-A2/

A

Anonymous

Thanks - yeah the A2s do get good reviews - was contemplating them for the PC!!

A

Anonymous

Well i'm a fan of the Bose sound dock - i think the sound is crisp and clear and because they have just dropped the price to £149 i think its brilliant!ÿ

ÿEveryone who has come round to mine has been really impressed!ÿÿ

A

Anonymous

I ' ll second the Bose I find the sound superb especially with lossless.

Having an all in one is much more convenient than a seperate dock and speakers if you want to move it to another room or take it to a friends etc,

However I think the Audioengine A5 s charge your Ipod and will offer better sound and are about £200 but obviously won't be very portable.

A

Anonymous

A lot of people don't like the BOSE but tbh I like it. My brother has one and I find that it does sound good and crisp. At about £150 it isn't all that expensive either.ÿ

Personally I think it looksÿaesthetically better than the audioengines but I haven'tÿheard them so I don't know how the sound compares...ÿ

TRENDING THREADS