Good In Ears or Headphones for metal?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
specifically the SE 115 and Beyerdynamic DTX 100

just between the two and price aside because both are within affordable range.

Please enlighten me

Mainly for Metal, but ranges from Symphonic to Death etc and the occasional Pop (including R&B + House) for ipod

Edit:

Just spoke to an ebayer who's selling his DTX100s. Apparently they don't suite metal music at all. Since I primarily listen to metal, particularly when on-the-go, I would very much appreciate if anyone into the genre can give me some recommendations. My budget range is between £50 to £100 (or slightly over it)

A

Anonymous

Got the Shure 115's and they are excellent, but I don't have the same music tastes as you. They are very good though, so don't think it would be a problem.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for replying. Would be interested to hear from anyone with the Beyerdynamics though

steven123

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the beyerdynamic dtx100 and they sound amazing. I also have the HIFI speakers wharfedale 9.3, the tannoy f1 and the active speakers m-audio av40. These earbuds sound better, but there is only one problem and thats sibilance. I use it with my Iphone 3g and on my computer with the Asus xonar d1 audio card. On the computer there is an equalizer, so the sibilance can be removed but the iphone does not have one. Maybe i'm very sensitive to it, or the frequency response is not flat enough. I have not heard the Shures, the beyerdynamic sound really good, but be aware of this problem.

A

Anonymous

@steven123

Thanks for replying. You make them sound amazing, but the sibilance problem is putting me off a bit now. Maybe I should go for the Shures

steven123

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
What do you think of the Klipsch x10? It seems their the best in ear's, and they must be fantastic. In the UK their seem to be a lot of good offers. Last week they cost 120 pound on klispch.co.uk, but now its 180 pound, but maybe you can wait for another offer. I would like to see a comparison between the shures, beyerdenamic and the klipsch:)

A

Anonymous

they look good, and the reviews sound promising, but I'm not willing to spend £180 on earphones. Probably would have got it last week if I saw it costing only £120... I suppose £180 is still a good deal because it's the same price as the X5s right now, but still, I think 180 has gone over my limit... The Shures on the other hand are £60 on Play.com right now, while not many places seem to sell the Beyerdynamics, and the cheapest I can get is £80.

I originally considered the Atomic Floyd's acoustic steel as well because the review here is quite good and better than the Shures in some places, but then I read some pretty awful reviews about the company which totally put me off now, so it's just between Shures and Byerdynamic. That is, unless I see the X10 go down to £120 again lol

A

Anonymous

sorry for the bumping. Just spoke to an ebayer who's selling his DTX100s. Apparently they don't suite metal music at all. Since I primarily listen to metal, particularly when on-the-go, I would very much appreciate if anyone into the genre can give me some recommendations. My budget range is between £50 to £100 (or slightly over it). (=

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts