Good floorstander speaker to pait with NAD C338

pixelord

Sep 6, 2024
Visit site
Hi guys,
I am looking for some suggestion regarding some floorstanding speaker that can be paired with my current AMP NAD C338.
At the moment I am using a apir of OLD Yamaha NS-150 with the Yamaha SUB.

I am not looking for a absolute speaker suggestion but to some suggestion to narrow down the speaker to audition.

My current choices are (based on budget and look/style):

DALI Oberson 7
Dynaudio Emit 50
Polk Reserve R600
Polk Reserve R700
Kef Q750

Any suggestion. you can add additional speaker outside this list.

My room is not dedicated listening room. It is part of my living/dining room.
Living area is 3.5 meter by 5 meter with one side open to dining/kitchen area. dining/kitchen is much bigger area then the living.
My volume requirement is not very high (in my Yamaha setup I hardly goes over -16DB in my NAD C338)
But I need something that would be lively in lower volume (I don't have to listen in very high volume to get the details).

Also, the speaker would be very first component I am upgrading, so I want something that is still good and usable with higher end amp like Hegel H190 or Yamaha AS-3200 range.

Thanks in advance.

Witterings

I want something that is still good and usable with higher end amp like Hegel H190 or Yamaha AS-3200 range

Some o the speakers you've listed are borderline as to whether they'd do one of the amps you you mention justice, if you're looking to upgrade to one of those in the future, I think you'd be better off saving up and putting that money towards better speakers now.
A very general rule of thumb is speakers should be approx double the cost of your amp and you may end up having to change the speakers again to get the best out of one of those amps.

You'd probably also find better speakers now would be a "bigger" improvement with your current NAD and may not feel the need to change the amp.

Dynaudio ... could look at the Evoke 30 or 50's
Kef R5 or R7's
If you'd consider 2nd hand maybe some ProAc D20R's or lots of listings for PMC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts