Good 2.1 PC speakers in UK under £70?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, i've just bought some UE Super.fi 5 EBs and need some quality speakers to match.

I am currently using Cambridge Megaworks 250Ds but they have a hissing problem which i cannot fix (or send back - long story) so i'd like to buy a set of 2.1 speakers that are just as good or better for less that £70 (if possible).

I have read many threads stating that the Klipsch Promedias are the way to go, but i can't buy them in the UK. Looking on eBay they come to little over £40 but the postage is obcene (minimum of £70). I have looked for the Swans and the Edifier S2.1 but i cant find anywhere that will ship to UK.

I had a listen to the Logitech Z 2300 which seems to get really good reviews online, but the sound just seemed to be of a lower quality (sounded muddy) that my 250Ds.

I'll mainly use them connected to my PC to listen to music and movies.

Also, look at the below list and let me know which you would go for:

Klipsch ProMedias for £100 off US eBay seller.

I could buy the Acoustic Energy Aego M. for about £90.
Then there are the Philips MMS321/05 Multimedia Speakerhttp://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=265989# 2.0 (~£65) http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-MMS3...528525&sr=8-46
Or the final option are the Creative Gigaworks T20 for £50.

Any recommendations?

A

Anonymous

You can get the Acoustic Energy Aego M speakers on ebay for 49.99 + 10.00 postage at the moment from gsdirectltd. I have just purchased a pair myself. Having currently got a single early 70's speaker I can't wait!

BreatheEasy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
How about the Cyruslink Link Mini 2? If you've got an iPod then you get to use the dock too! Amazon have them for £61.51 post free which seems a reasonable bargain.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="afcno9"]You can get the Acoustic Energy Aego M speakers on ebay for 49.99 + 10.00
postage at the moment [/quote]

second that....great sound and look good.

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
I would like to recommend the Philips MMS321/05 Multimedia Speaker 2.0. These are active with an amazing bass (for their size) utilizing base radiators a la "KEF104ab" style.

A

Anonymous

I would also suggest the Aego M, excellent with a decent quality soundcard.

The ones on ebay only have a 7 day warranty by the looks of the auction terms, so I would suggest to buy elsewhere if possible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts