Gone All Rega !!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Fulci

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
matthewpiano said:
Rick, what speakers have you heard with the Brio-R other than the Rega ones?

Cheers, :cheers: and Merry Christmas to you too!

Matthew.

Hi Matthew

I've used the Brio-R with other makes of speakers such as Monitor Audio's BX2's/Silver RX6's/Silver RX1's/GX50's/PL200's, Dynaudio's DM 2/6's, Acoustic Energy Reference 1's/Reference 2's, Proac Tablette Anniversary/D18's, ATC's SCM11 monitors etc.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Rick,

What did you think of the Brio-R with the D18?

And how does it fare against a Nait XS in your opinion?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Fulci said:
MUSICRAFT said:
matthewpiano said:
Rick, what speakers have you heard with the Brio-R other than the Rega ones?

Cheers, :cheers: and Merry Christmas to you too!

Matthew.

Hi Matthew

I've used the Brio-R with other makes of speakers such as Monitor Audio's BX2's/Silver RX6's/Silver RX1's/GX50's/PL200's, Dynaudio's DM 2/6's, Acoustic Energy Reference 1's/Reference 2's, Proac Tablette Anniversary/D18's, ATC's SCM11 monitors etc.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Rick,

What did you think of the Brio-R with the D18?

And how does it fare against a Nait XS in your opinion?

The Brio R is £498

The Nait XS is £1495

Albeit I love the Brio R but logic suggests that a £1500 Naim amp will be better at controlling D18s....However with the new Elicit R coming out looks like the Nait XS will have some serious competition!

Fulci

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, I've read about Brio-R controlling Magnepans and Martin Logan's with ease and I've seen people preferring the Brio-R over the Nait XS but this comes all to a matter of taste, of course. Costing 3x more does not mean it's 3x better...

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Fulci said:
Well, I've read about Brio-R controlling Magnepans and Martin Logan's with ease and I've seen people preferring the Brio-R over the Nait XS but this comes all to a matter of taste, of course. Costing 3x more does not mean it's 3x better...

yes i know that 3 x cost does not equal 3 x better!

I have not heard a Nait XS but as I said Logic suggests........so I do agree with you & yes the Brio R is a fanrtastic amp for the money and I preferred it to a Nait 5i!

TRENDING THREADS