goldrings ns1000 sound change over time

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i have to say i am loving them now i was a bit not bad nothing outstanding at first. I have at a guess listened for around 150hours so they have either ran in and changed or i have grew to love the sound.

Anyone else had this happen with there headphones

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
I had exactly the same experience with the very same headphones... whether it's to do with running in, or getting used to the sound I'm not sure - a bit of both I suspect.

A

Anonymous

I purchased a pair of these the other week and i'm not impressed, there needs to be some balance between having the NR on or off. They either sound really dull with it off, or way too bright with it on. I'm using an A&R A60 as a headphone amp so there are no problems with quality or lack of power because it is plenty for a pair of headphones. I'm glad I only paid £49 for them, certainly not worth the £150 they were once priced.

idc

There may be slight running in, but mainly I think it is a case of tuning into the sound. I am sure the soundstage has widened and I have 500 plus hours easy on mine.

Pdwhelan, sorry you have not found them to your liking. I too find NR on too bright, but I do not find NR off too dull.

stanleyk

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I am the same, listen to my ns1000 for about 3-4 hours a day and find syself enjoying all of them. Previously had DT231 Galactic and loved them, but on a current relisten much preferred the Goldring, maybe getting used to the sound? NR off in preference for sure, far too bright with it on, unnatural!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts